PDA

View Full Version : My sig wont load

Blain
03-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi guys, I have uploaded a sig pic to tinypic but when I try to put the code in the sig bit in my usercp i get the message invalid file or something, I have tried all codes to no avail.
I can upload it from my pc but it is not the right size when it uploads :(

I am sure it is something really simple but its making me mad :mad:
Help please

Slam Da Brakes
03-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi guys, I have uploaded a sig pic to tinypic but when I try to put the code in the sig bit in my usercp i get the message invalid file or something, I have tried all codes to no avail.
I can upload it from my pc but it is not the right size when it uploads :(

Are you loading the [img] code into the "edit signature field" (the one where you normally input text)? NOT option one.

Blain
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
this is the pic
http://i41.tinypic.com/hriquh.jpg

ok there it is, now how do i get it in my sig, when i put the code in the "edit signature field" there is no preview picture just a link to the url, but when i cut and paste the link above the pic shows

Slam Da Brakes
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Your code is fine. I am just on my way to college, but I will figure it out when I get back.

Twister
03-19-2009, 09:23 PM
In the edit signature tab of USER CP go in the text Input part

And add the [IMG]imageurlhere[*/IMG]
Without a star ofcourse

That should work.

If not Slam can put it in your Sig via the AdminCP.

Blain
03-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah tried that....nothing, in the preview pane there is no pic just a link to the pic, its really annoying now

It seems the gods are against me, cannot load my sig, now i have disappeared off the leader-board, oh well easy come,easy go :)

Twister
03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Your permissions are wrong. Slam, check his perMissions, and go to his profile in adminCP and try adjusting his reputation to 50 if his permissions are ok.

Slam Da Brakes
03-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Blain, I think I have figured it out, but you have to go to your User CP.

USER CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options. Under Thread Dislpay there should be a tick box "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)"

This should show your image, as the code, I have tested it, is fine.

You will also notice under every post you have made, another tick box under "Additional Options" This needs to be checked to show your sig on each post.

As for the Leaderboard you should be up now.

Blain
03-20-2009, 03:02 PM
I have done what you said, nothing yet :(
All i get is a link in green text below my post

Where is the option for

"You will also notice under every post you have made, another tick box under "Additional Options" This needs to be checked to show your sig on each post."

how can something so easy be so hard :mad:

Slam Da Brakes
03-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Fixed now. Sorry for some reason that tiny pic code would not work on YOUR sig field. I have uploaded to my tinypic account and it worked.

I will now reverse it and try

Blain
03-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Cheers mate, you are a true gent :D