PDA

View Full Version : Booting IP addresses from matches

XxB3asti3xX
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I have been working on boosting call of duty 3 and today ran into a guy who as soon as I was in the room called me out told me my IP address and says that if I do not cooperate with him he will kick me from the match. Now I was trying to boost anyway so it really wasn't a big deal but isn't that against the COC or TOS for live. I know he really could do what he said because several people dissapeared on his command and he was able to correctly give me my IP. I also want to be sure that playing with people like that wont get me in trouble. I reported him for tampering but really feel like I should be able to do more about stuf like this.

Slam Da Brakes
12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
This is technically a Denial of Service attack (DoS) and of course against Xbox Live Terms of Use.

Good that you reported him to Microsoft, as he is using software to determine IP addresses.

An immediate solution would be to refresh your IP address. Or better still report it also to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they may investigate it even further and increase security.

Trippster
12-07-2009, 01:19 AM
i really dont get why people hack, other than stealing credit card information.

what do they want to steal your vitual gamerscore?
or your virtual rep?

i think all hackers are fat and lame.
http://www.rl-digital.com/images_blog/hacked.jpg
http://giovanniworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/thumbs-down.jpg

XxB3asti3xX
12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
This is technically a Denial of Service attack (DoS) and of course against Xbox Live Terms of Use.

Good that you reported him to Microsoft, as he is using software to determine IP addresses.

An immediate solution would be to refresh your IP address. Or better still report it also to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they may investigate it even further and increase security.

Fortunately I don't think I have any reason to worry about him attacking me. I just listened to what he said and played along with him too see if he actually did have the ability to do what he said. When he gave me my IP I figured it was best just to not make a fuss and give him incentive. I just left the match instead.

In a way it may have been better to have gotten him to do it then maybe Comcast could have tracked him down.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMEH
12-07-2009, 04:55 AM
there's not really much you can do except file complaints. ALso, send his gamertag to all your friends and have all them file complaints on him too. That's what I always do because of all the Cain & Abel usage on Halo 3.

(For those who don't know, Cain & Abel is a program that can host boot, hack IP's, etc. There are other programs too. I was playin with one guy who was real friendly but got my IP because he was just being retarded and he even opened the disc tray on my computer. lol)

But anyway just post his gamertag on here and we can all file complaints on him. lol

Dooney
12-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I have been working on boosting call of duty 3 and today ran into a guy who as soon as I was in the room called me out told me my IP address and says that if I do not cooperate with him he will kick me from the match. Now I was trying to boost anyway so it really wasn't a big deal but isn't that against the COC or TOS for live. I know he really could do what he said because several people dissapeared on his command and he was able to correctly give me my IP. I also want to be sure that playing with people like that wont get me in trouble. I reported him for tampering but really feel like I should be able to do more about stuf like this.

To be honest, the only way for him to have done this from his 360 is if he is running a "hacked Kernal", most of the security features have now been beaten. However not sure what good it will do him or anyone else that even tries this, since yes ok he can obtain your IP address maybe, but then thats always been possible from PC gaming, since your IP address is your location identity. As for any problems he can cause you they are only really limited to connection to him kind of problems since he could not remotely "Hack" your console, its quite secure.

Just file reports for hacking and avoid the muppet since they / he are really stupid and will end up banned or worse.

Blain
12-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Can you file a complaint if you have not played a game with them?, you did not used to be able to

XxB3asti3xX
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Can you file a complaint if you have not played a game with them?, you did not used to be able to

Yes you can file complaints just not player reviews. I never actually played with him, Just sat in the lobby for about ten minutes waiting, so I was not able to avoid him but it did let me file the complaint.

A Pluto Native
12-07-2009, 11:06 PM
If you still have this guy's gamertag post it and we can all give him negative rep for hacking. I'll eventually be able to do that again...

XxB3asti3xX
12-07-2009, 11:20 PM
If you still have this guy's gamertag post it and we can all give him negative rep for hacking. I'll eventually be able to so that...

I do have his GT but I know many sites do not like for individuals to be called out, so, unless someone that has the authority to do so tells me that is OK I will not do so here.

I do appreciate your willingness to help get rid of these ridiculous tactics. What really gets me is that 90% of the people in COD3 are boosting anyways and a large portion of the rest will at least back out and give you a second to start your match if you simply explain politely.

CovertPimpSloth
12-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I do have his GT but I know many sites do not like for individuals to be called out, so, unless someone that has the authority to do so tells me that is OK I will not do so here.

I do appreciate your willingness to help get rid of these ridiculous tactics. What really gets me is that 90% of the people in COD3 are boosting anyways and a large portion of the rest will at least back out and give you a second to start your match if you simply explain politely.

who the hell plays cod 3 for fun let alone glitches it. I dont have the authority but if you post it ill report him aswell.
Thats some scary s*** that people can find out things like that from their xboxes.

A Pluto Native
12-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Agreed with Pimp. Brakes, give this guy permission!!!!

Slam Da Brakes
12-10-2009, 05:02 AM
PLEASE DO NOT POST UP THE GAMERTAG.

Just send it amongst yourselves if you want.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMEH
12-10-2009, 05:13 AM
PLEASE DO NOT POST UP THE GAMERTAG.

Just send it amongst yourselves if you want.

Awww slam....frowney face...lol

LCW P w N s U
01-11-2010, 04:48 AM
dang didn't know this kind of stuff was true. I met this guy a while back. Me and him got along well n he was on my friends list for a while. He told me when we first met that if anyone pissed me off to tell him there GT and he could ban them

LCW P w N s U
01-11-2010, 04:49 AM
P.S. send me it ill report him to