Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums

Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums (https://easyxbox360achievements.com/forums/index.php)
-   Xbox 360 General Discussion (https://easyxbox360achievements.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RAGE-ing! your thoughts? (https://easyxbox360achievements.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2928)

Misplaced1BRAIN 10-05-2011 09:53 PM

RAGE-ing! your thoughts?

THIS IS ONLY MY THEORY!!

ok, ok i know that my wife and i CAN NOT be the only people out there that think RAGE is REALLY "Borderlands 2"!

:eek:I personally think that Gearbox and ID had once teamed up to create the NEW IP of "Borderlands 2" BUT there was some kind of falling out, well into the process. This new IP could have been close to completion (programing wise) and the TWO companies just could not agree on a few things. But because ID and or Gearbox could not come to said aggreement AND back out of their deal(s). :confused:
AS a step note, i think most of the programing was done by ID SOFTWARE and therfore they had the rights to this game ( if you change just enough of it, it now becomes a NEW IP, and with that you can also change the name) Creating RAGE:eek:

my wife & I (and i think you ALL will too) see so many things in RAGE, that reminds us of Borderlands its not funny,
Even one of the first enemy we came across says something like "going to ...... before we cook you" geez remember that from Borderlands?

New Found Terror 10-05-2011 10:00 PM

When I first started the game that did run past me a couple times. But the game looks and fills great! They did a really good job I think. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

BTW it's my 400th post! :D yeah for me!;)

Gun Devil 2 10-05-2011 11:46 PM

I totally forgot this came out this week. :mad: I've been playing GoW3 a lot lately. I need to go pick this up.

mistryman007 10-06-2011 12:15 PM

LOL i traded my Gears3(crap game) in for it and not regretting it one bit. I would agree Rage has a borderlands feel to it. But i feel its similar to fallout mixed in with a little bit of atv fury. Overall great graphics. Only downfall is the limited save points so save save save

IRELAND NO 1 10-06-2011 05:13 PM

I will be jumping on this 2moro, it's only released here then so anybody want co-op hit me up. I was waiting for this all year it got over shadowed by the whole Gears buzz, some have rated this 9.5 out of 10.

eddie tubs 10-06-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRELAND NO 1 (Post 23142)
I will be jumping on this 2moro, it's only released here then so anybody want co-op hit me up. I was waiting for this all year it got over shadowed by the whole Gears buzz, some have rated this 9.5 out of 10.

I could not believe it when i seen the reviews, like you said 9.5 and its so hard for games these days to get that unless its gears or halo,i knew when boarderlands was mentioned you would be all over this like a rash,still have to make my mind up and swap deadisland for it :confused:

IRELAND NO 1 10-06-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie tubs (Post 23143)
I could not believe it when i seen the reviews, like you said 9.5 and its so hard for games these days to get that unless its gears or halo,i knew when boarderlands was mentioned you would be all over this like a rash,still have to make my mind up and swap deadisland for it :confused:

I could not leave Rage wait around its Borderlands meets Fallout and Mad Max!

Unless you finished Dead island try hold onto it. The Dlc is around the corner, I can jump in and run through it with you. I got all level 50 rare orange weapons ready for the Bloodbath Arena lol.

I have some amazing weapons and a katana that does over 3000 damage handling 80 durablity 80 with death stalker mod kills level 50 thugs with 1 hit:)

Misplaced1BRAIN 10-07-2011 01:05 AM

stolen, stolen, stolen....

geez, you have to say THIS GAME is stolen -
so many things in this game that are out and out right STOLEN from other games, there are just so many of them,
it's like there was this company where all the employees liked different games, and each person had a different part to program and decided to "BETTER" whatever they liked best and put into this game for this "knock off"

come on there has to be others that think this!!!!!

did Scooter's MOM (Moxxy's) change the arena into a tv studio? and years later her great grand son runs the place? Really, next time you go into the BASH TV thing look at the floor just as you walk in, then look up - it's like you are standing inside the arena to Moxxy's UNDERDOME!

IRELAND NO 1 10-07-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced1BRAIN (Post 23149)
geez, you have to say THIS GAME is stolen -
so many things in this game that are out and out right STOLEN from other games, there are just so many of them,
it's like there was this company where all the employees liked different games, and each person had a different part to program and decided to "BETTER" whatever they liked best and put into this game for this "knock off"

come on there has to be others that think this!!!!!

did Scooter's MOM (Moxxy's) change the arena into a tv studio? and years later her great grand son runs the place? Really, next time you go into the BASH TV thing look at the floor just as you walk in, then look up - it's like you are standing inside the arena to Moxxy's UNDERDOME!

Yeah but remember at least they took all good games and the best parts and improved them, they can do this every game if this is what they produce. How many other games try to copy and other ideas just ruin the whole gaming experience, its a mish mash and does not work!

With this new engine i can only imagine what games are to follow, if they try to copy Borderlands my fav game of all time kudos as long as they don't mess up they didn't so i am happy! I hope there is a lot more to come:) Remember these guys started back in the day made CASTLE WOLFIENSTIEN, DOOM , QUAKE just to mention 3 everybody who made a shooter since then copied these guys!