Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 31
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 28

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 1 Reached Staff Writer Front Page Writer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Master of Order Guide Award 100K Gamerscore 
Total Awards: 7

Default X-Men (XBLA)

Difficulty: 2/10
Time to 200: Likely a little over one hour
Offline: 10
Online: 2
Minimum Playthroughs: probably 2
Missable achievements: A couple, but only the jump and pill ones are really missable

Videos:

First 6 achievements - can be received in about 10-15 minutes of playing on normal by yourself

Text Guide:

Xavier Would Be Proud! - 10 G - Use your mutant power 5 times in one session

Simply use your Y attack 5 times during a playthrough. Not at all difficult, just remember after using it the first time during a life, the other times will take away 3 bars of your health, so to get all 5 it would take two lives.

Turn Pyro to Toast - 10 G - Defeat Pyro using no mutant powers

The boss of the first level is Pyro. Simply defeat him using only your standard X attacks and don't use your Y attack. You can die as much as you want in this game, too. But, the best strategy for any boss in this game is to do a few melee attacks, and when they're knocked to the ground, just as they are getting back up, come either up the screen or down the screen toward them and you can get a few more hits in. It's weird, but if you stand in front or behind the boss they usually seem to hit you getting back up, but above or below them they cannot.

Kidnapped - 10 G - Discover Professor Xavier has been kidnapped

Story achievement, not missable, but attained after defeating The Blob at the end of the second level.

Score Inflation - 25 G - Defeat 250 enemies in a session

Playing alone on normal, you can get up to 460 kills, so you will get this by the fourth level.

Grounded - 10 G - Finish the 4th level without jumping

The fourth level is in caves, and the level that starts after you defeat Wendigo. Simply do not hit A until you defeat the white robot-esque boss at the end. The X attack where you jump on fallen enemies is allowed, as are mutant powers and as many deaths as you want, ha.

Welcome to Die! - 10 G - Have the white witch welcome you to die

The end of the sixth level I believe, you are going down an elevator when the white witch appears. Her opening taunt is "Welcome to die!" and I always let her say it, but i honestly do not know if you still get the achievement if she does not say it and you just kill her. I think you still can, as the achievement does not unlock until you defeat her anyway.

Largest Party - 10 G - You played in a 6 person game

Just have 5 other human players in a game at once and this unlocks. Join a game or have one set up, people join on their own quite often, which is nice.

You Fell to Our Trap! - 25 G - Mystique tried to foll you and 5 others

You need to be playing online, and there simply needs to be 6 people in the game when you get to the end of the sixth level that ends with a magneto battle that turns out to be mystique.

X-Pertise - 25 G - You completed the game on Expert difficulty.

No challenge to this really, you have unlimited continues. And as always, made easier and faster playing in coop.

Super Mutant - 10 G - Picked up an energy pill in the Japanese case of the game

This is probably the strangest achievement. When you start a game, you can pick the English or Japanese version of the game, and a 4 or 6 person build. The pills show up only in the japanese version, and in my experience, only while playing coop in a 4 person build. So, that's what i've found to work best, but it might work for you in other modes, the only definite option is the japanese build.

Bamf - 25 G - You completed the game in 25 minutes or less

This is most easily done in co-op on normal. I got it playing with just one other person. It's a very short game, and the more people you have, the quicker it will go.

Master of Magnet - 30 G - Defeat Magneto as each of the characters

When you set up a game, you can choose what level to start on, the last level, i believe it is level 8, is only the magneto boss battle. Simply defeat him as each character, any difficulty, any number of lives, and this will be yours. ONE IMPORTANT NOTE - This was kind of glitchy for me, i had to beat it three times with one character. But, i think it is because you have to wait for the game to end, and all the credits and everything to finish for it to count.
Items

Last edited by TruthLies; 11-06-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
Slam Da Brakes liked this post
11-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command
Points: 17,087, Level: 83 Points: 17,087, Level: 83 Points: 17,087, Level: 83
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Slam Da Brakes's Flag is: Australia

Tournaments Joined: 4
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 55

Awards Showcase
Dark Lord Membership Level 3 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member Bot Hunter Master of Order Guide Award Gold Guide Award Staff Writer Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Shadow Lord Shadow Master Dark General Level 50 Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 19

Another great guide and I'll post a link to your videos.

Post Thanks / Like
TruthLies thanked for this post
TruthLies liked this post
Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Linear Mode
Switch to Hybrid Mode
Switch to Threaded Mode