Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 60
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 103

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore 
Total Awards: 3

Default Starting tips and tricks for Dark Souls

The blacksmith at Anor Londo is the one you need to make all the boss weapons. I really feel sorry for your save file. So with him, Solaire, the merchant and Laurtec, every player that wants to invade is going to have you at the top of the list. So keep leveling to get away from the dirty PvP people. The nicer ones are around 100-120. You need to be at least 120 for my help.
Items
Re: Starting tips and tricks for Dark Souls
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #32
IRELAND NO 1
Administrator
Points: 17,919, Level: 85 Points: 17,919, Level: 85 Points: 17,919, Level: 85
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 367
Likes (Received): 325

Awards Showcase
  200K Gamerscore   Membership Level 3 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Bot Hunter Level 50 Shadow Lord Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 21

I guess I should have followed a guide or had a decent look at the achievements, it's not a game to just play it and try here and there see what happens if you do you die and I did lol.

So yeah I messed up with Solaire, merchant and I gave the flask to the worm thing I didn't know about other covenant. I just killed seath the scaleless he was a piece of cake, guess what I put down a summon before I went into crystal cave got invaded again but I killed him kicked him off a cliff lol. So far I have done very single battle solo in my game I did help out a few guys for a very short time in there games, I would love to be able to just play normal co-op without invaders!

Is there any particular covenant that will make me less likely get invaded? I think I am in the princess one from the lord vessel. I think I need to farm slabs blocks shards for upgrades. Ow and more levelling, my spellcasti g is very low only about 12 most of the decent ones seem to be about minimum level 16. Is it worth it getting those I am maiinly Melee with pyro glove and 2 healing spells, swapping between my lightning katana and flaming.

So you say I can get lots of souls by helping others at boss fights join there game and kill the boss with them, I previously have had to have killed him yes? Can I also do this in hollow form or have to be in human form to get I to another guys game?

Thanks again man I must be wrecking your brain lol, can i not make certain weapons now because of the black smith in andor londor, or can i make then at another place undead parish?so probably pinwheel next then that big tenticle red thing.

Xbox Gamercards
My Countdown Counting down to: When my back grows back!
1801 days 14 hours 14 minutes
Items User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile
Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #33
Dashl
Dark General
Points: 3,975, Level: 40 Points: 3,975, Level: 40 Points: 3,975, Level: 40
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

For you to join co op, you can be hollow, so you don't have to worry about invaders. Just drop your white summon sign down. I camped at the bonfire for seath for about a full day, and the same for the O and S fight.

Way of the white and Fellowship of the sun are best covenants to avoid PvP, you will still get some if you go human though, but not as much. The one you are in now is a full PvP guild, so you want out of that. You want White or Sun, to match you up with other White and Sun players. They are also allies, so you can be in one and get help from the other.

Oh!!!! I just remembered, go to the first bell, the bottom of that tower after the gargoyle fight, and pay the man to get rid of your sins. This will put your counter back to zero, and most invasions should stop. This might bring back the people you also killed. Not sure on that, but you can get rid of your sins.

I never messed with magic, since it changed so much from Demons Souls, I didn't like the system this game has.

So yeah, stay hollow (dead) and just drop the sign down to help others and get souls. It doesn't matter if you have killed that boss or not for you to go into their game. I did that a bunch for easy leveling and to see different tatics on how to fight them. So many different ways to play the game.

Anyway, go to that merchant at the bell tower, and see what it costs to fix some of those earlier mistakes. Hopefully it will bring the merchants back, and fix the blacksmith.

Each blacksmith is different, so one can make +10 and +15 standard weapons, some will do magic, or fire. You give the ember you found to them, just say yes when they ask to have it.
Items
Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #34
IRELAND NO 1
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase
  200K Gamerscore   Membership Level 3 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Bot Hunter Level 50 Shadow Lord Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 

Thanks for the tip I absolved my sins it cost me 48k souls! now I can use the blacksmith at andor londor! I did a quick run of the catacombs and joined Nito's covenant got a really good poison sword and upgraded it +5 with demon shards/slabs.

I think this is the evil covenant right? I only joined to get the poison greatsword did some farming to get my gear upgraded. Next down to pinwheel I think can I kill Nito even I Ian in his covenant? Sorry for all the questions but the game tells you zero I mean nothing on what to do where to go, it seems they want you to suffer and die & die & die until you know where to go!

I just have to say I love the game it's not a casual game it's for hardcore RPG fans only who have patience, which is weird because I have none but am having a love/hate relationship with the game. Tbh I don't die that often anymore it's rare actually unless it's a new enemy or new area = new tactics thanks for tipping me in the balance to play it. I had it in the box unopened for a year!

Xbox Gamercards
Items User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #35
Dashl
Dark General

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

The Gravelord Sword is awesome. That is the weapon I use. It scales with Str and Dex, but scales more with Dex. It can stagger most bosses, including O and S, and will even poison them. PvP invaders get taken out really quick with that sword, and will get poisoned. The RT strong attack is great. As long as you have the achievement for Nito's Covenant, you can kill him, unless you want to rank up that guild. You need 10 eyes of death to rank up, which will give you a miracle that you need for collecting all miracles achievement. You get eyes of death by either killing in PvP while in that covenant, or you go to the depths, and kill cursed frogs to farm them. I chose that method.

If you killed O first, then killed Smough, go to the guy under that little bridge at Firelink (run and hit to jump, then carefully walk around the ledge.) He will sell armor, and he should have Smoughs armor because you killed him last. Smoughs armor has a ton of poise, and you will need that for the 4 Kings fight. I used Smoughs armor that fight. I used O's armor because it has huge curse resistance, which was great for the Seath fight. I wear that armor all the time, or a mix of it and Smoughs, and never upgraded armor. That same merchant will sell Gwyn's armor when you kill him at the end of the game. Playthrough 2 will have that armor, but I didn't use it. Just smough and ornestein.
Items
Post Thanks / Like
IRELAND NO 1 liked this post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #36
IRELAND NO 1
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

Where can i buy Smough armor again Firelink? Where is that guy that sells stuff there? I have never seen him only guys that sell miricales and spells?

Xbox Gamercards
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #37
Dashl
Dark General

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

The stairs you run up to the little waterway to undead burg, he is underneath. You run from the grass and do a little jump to the ledge underneath, then walk around the pillars to the end. Has a dead body with an item next to him.
Items
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #38
IRELAND NO 1
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

Ok I finally finished the game NO I didn't get the 1000g lol...

I did 1 playthrough it was one of the most frustrating but rewarding games I have ever played, on many occasions I took it out of the tray and put it in the box for trade in. I stuck with it and finally finished the game I could have got many more achievements but I just wanted to say I beat the damn thing.

My hat is off to you guys for doing 3 playthroughs yeah I know they would be alot easier than the 1st but that's me done, I felt like I earned every damn achievement that I got. No more dreaming of Parry, parry, backstab or all those suicide runs!

Anyway I finished up at level 104 in Good guys covenant helped out loads of other people with a Melee based character medium / light class to still manage to do ninja rolls. Dark souls 2 gives me nightmares already even thinking about it!

Thanks again!

Xbox Gamercards
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #39
Dashl
Dark General

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

Congrats on playthrough 1! I have a feeling you will be starting a second one.
Items

Tags
dark souls

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode