Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Xbox 360 > Achievement Guides XBLA > A - L

Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Auscultare
Master of Visions
Points: 1,539, Level: 22 Points: 1,539, Level: 22 Points: 1,539, Level: 22
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Auscultare's Flag is: United States

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 11
Xbox Live Leaderboard: 85th

Awards Showcase
Achievement Guide Competition Winner 
Total Awards: 1

Default LIMBO

LIMBO explores the mysterious world of a young boy on a journey for his sister. Whether this universe he occupies is a bad dream or an afterlife is beyond the scope of this guide, because we are here for one thing and one thing only: CHEEVOS! So let's jump into the thick of it.

Disclaimer: I am all for easy achievements as much as the next guy, but this game has to get a noteworthy mention. It is a fantastic play and I strongly recommend you apply the appropriate atmosphere and play on a low brightness and have a decent sound system (the ambience is critical to understanding and playability). You'll be in for the quite the ride.

Difficulty: 4/10. Difficulty doesn't accurately describe the challenge of the game. I would almost call it tedious, but play it patiently and you won't find chunks of your hair on the ground at the end.

Length: ~8-12 hours for all achievements. As always, this number depends on how skillful of a player you are, how much information you're coming into the game with and if you're going for all the achievements. The first playthrough should take no more than 5-6 hours though.

Online Achievements: No online gameplay, so no need to fret.

Missable Achievements: There are some you will literally run into but other you won't find unless you're looking for them.

Glitched Achievements: None.

Note: Unfortunately it is extremely difficult to give away egg locations without spoiling the fun of the game itself, so I will provide the best tips I can to gamers who may become disgruntled in trying to unlock these achievements.

Wrong Way (5G): When you start the game, go to the left until you run into an egg. Achievement unlocked.

Altitude is attitude (5G): See video. It’s basically momentum and velocity, swinging on ropes and being a black and white Tarzan.

It’s Stuck (10G): See video. Wait for the water to rise but be careful not to drown. As you probably have experienced by now, any contact with water that is deep enough for your body to submerge under will drown you. After the water has risen, pull the pipe to the right off of the ladder platform, run+jump to the left and grab a hold of the hidden rope and the next egg will come out of the top pipe.

Urban Exploration (10G): See video. Not much to say that the video doesn’t cover, just be mindful of the timing with the elevator.

Alone in the Dark (10G): See video.

Climbing the Cog (10G): See video. “Don’t pull the lever just because you can” sums up this achievement perfectly.

Backtracking (10G): See video.

Guided by Sparks (10G): See video. Be mindful of the last electric platform and the ledge on your left that you can’t see.

Under Ground (10G): See video. I survive unlocking this one by pressing my character against the wall as much as I could to dispel the energy from the fall so he wouldn’t die. You can also try to use the rope the video mentions.

Going Up (10G): See video. Be mindful of the timer on the anti-gravity button.

Where Credit is due (100G): Beat the game.

No Point in Dying (10G): Beat the game in under five deaths in one sitting which means you can pause it but you can’t exit the game entirely and you have to start from level 1 and play all the way through. It has been my experience that a lot of people die at the very end where you have to time the gravity switches correctly. My recommendation is to beat the game once, then load the last chapter and practice, practice, practice.

Hope this helps, and good luck on unlocking these achievements.

All video credits go to RoosterTeeth
All picture credits go to Steam

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode