Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 114
Thanks (Received): 367
Likes (Given): 335
Likes (Received): 407

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 2 Reached 100K Gamerscore Sig Pimp  Level 50 Membership Level 1 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Staff Writer Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 16

Default How To Bring Your Profile Over To Xbox One

www.gameinformer.com
Let’s say you just hooked up your Xbox One and turned it on. How easy and fast is it to log in using your old Xbox 360 profile? The answer is very easy and fast.

Just like importing your profile from one Xbox 360 to another, all you need is the email address and password associated with your account. You just enter those in, and your old info is brought over. From there, you just have a few simple choices to make, like what color scheme you want for your dashboard.

If you have Kinect hooked up, you’ll also be given the option to associate your face with your account. That way, the console will recognize you and log you in once the Kinect camera detects you. Fellow GI editor Jeff Cork, who also has an account on the Xbox One I was using, walked by my desk as I was playing around with the system. He was just quickly passing through, but the camera picked him up and logged him in.

A few other things to note: Once you’re logged in, you should go to your settings menu (it’s under “My games & apps”) to tweak your privacy settings. You may also want to select a new picture, since your old gamerpic from 360 will look hilariously small in the allotted space. See my Soundwave picture above for reference.

That’s pretty much it. Everything you had before, including achievements and the associated Gamerscore, make the move over to the new hardware without a hitch.
IRELAND NO 1 thanked for this post
Two xboxes on go at once
Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Slydog73
Dark General
Points: 6,573, Level: 53 Points: 6,573, Level: 53 Points: 6,573, Level: 53
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Slydog73's Flag is: Australia

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 24

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 4 Reached Membership Level 4 Reached Membership Level 3 Reached Membership Level 2 Reached  Bot Hunter 100K Gamerscore Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner Guide Award Bot Killer Master of Order Membership Level 1 Reached Donated 
Total Awards: 13

Default Two xboxes on go at once

Let's say that I have a back catalog that I am still working on for the X360 and will be playing on and off between the two consoles......

Will I have to recover the profile each time I log on to each generation of console, that is, switching from the X360 to the XB1 and back to the X360 ?
Items
Re: How To Bring Your Profile Over To Xbox One
Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
eddie tubs
Administrator
Points: 19,909, Level: 89 Points: 19,909, Level: 89 Points: 19,909, Level: 89
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 114
Thanks (Received): 367
Likes (Given): 335
Likes (Received): 407

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 2 Reached 100K Gamerscore Sig Pimp  Level 50 Membership Level 1 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Staff Writer Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydog73 View Post
Let's say that I have a back catalog that I am still working on for the X360 and will be playing on and off between the two consoles......

Will I have to recover the profile each time I log on to each generation of console, that is, switching from the X360 to the XB1 and back to the X360 ?
We wont know for sure till someone gets their hands on the xboxone,but microsoft did say that you can use your profile over both systems,and sign into your 360 as normal and just sign in on xboxone with your email,once you do that your 360 profile will be saved to the xboxone so everytime you turn either consoles on it will sign into that profile,also pay one xboxlive fee for both consoles because you will use the same account over both consoles
( i hope that makes sense )
like i said up top we wont know till launch day we are only going on press statements as soon as we know ill update the this page
Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #4
Dashl
Dark General
Points: 3,975, Level: 40 Points: 3,975, Level: 40 Points: 3,975, Level: 40
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 60
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 103

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore 
Total Awards: 3

That will be one of the first things I try, along with hooking up my PS4 into the xbone, just for kicks. Won't keep it that way though.

Did they ever put out a release of what cable company will actually work with the Xbox One? The History channel app does not work with mine, and the ESPN app, which works, still says beta after all these years.
Items

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode