Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Xbox One > Achievement Guides XBLA > A - L

Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Ranaky
Master of Order
Points: 4,980, Level: 45 Points: 4,980, Level: 45 Points: 4,980, Level: 45
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 30
Xbox Live Leaderboard: 37th

Awards Showcase

Total Awards: 1

Default LocoCycle

LocoCycle is a goofy on rail shooter from Twisted Pixel the guys who brought you great gems like The Maw, 'Splosion man and Gunstringer. It follows I.R.I.S., a self aware motorcycle, and Pablo, a serviceman who is being dragged behind her by his pant leg. It's a pretty mediocre game overall but I had fun with it. It might be better to wait for a price drop for some as it's pretty short.

Difficulty: 2/10
Estimated Time to complete: 5-7 hours

Step 1 Play through the game

For playing through the game you'll unlock all the story achievements and more than likely unlock the counter achievements. You should also accumulate enough points to fully upgrade I.R.I.S. by the time you finish. The game isn't too difficult and the checkpoint system is really forgiving.

Step 2 Unlock Everything in the Garage
The Garage has behind the scene stuff that you need to buy with your upgrade points. More than likely you'll have enough points by the end of the game to purchase everything.

Step 3 Pick up the remaining achievements
There's a couple of achievements that are tough to get the first time around and are easier to get when you've fully upgraded I.R.I.S. Just use level select and it'll make things a lot easier

The Nicaraguan Getaway-50 points
Story Related
Adios, Mexico-75 Points
Story Related
Conquered Canyons-75 points
Story Related
The Retirees Are Safe-75 points
Story Related
No More Snow Patrol-75 points
Story Related
Scottsburg Defender-75 points
Story Related
Free To Do What We Wanna Do
Story Related

Back In Yo Face-25 points
Find the Way of the Counter
See "Tables have turned"

Tables have turned-50 points
Master the Way of the Counter and do this many times
For these achievements you need to do counter attacks. You do this by pressing when an enemy has an orange circle around them before they hit you. You need to do this 50 times and 150 times. You'll likely get this as you play through the game.

Streaky Goodness-25 points
String together a monster combo streak
Get a 250 hit combo See Champion Streaker for a strategy

Champion Streaker-60 points
Reach an insanely high combo streak
You need to get a 1000 hit combo which isn't as bad as it seems. In level 5-2 you'll get attacked by a wave of enemies. Mash the and buttons and counter attack. Once you're done with those enemies boost to the group of enemies.

Here's a video from GameInfirmary that illustrates how this works:

All Tricked Out-40 points
Turn I.R.I.S. into the ultimate weapon of destruction
Just fully upgrade I.R.I.S. You get points at the end of each level based on your performance. You should have enough points to get this on your first playthrough. I got this in Chapter 5.

Why So Hostile-25 points
Get a bunch of innocents off the road and out of the way
You get this by blowing up 200 civilian cars. It's cumulative and you can replay levels if you don't have it by the end of the game.

Big Oil Never Had a Chance-25 points
Waste no time 'sploding the black gold hauler
To get this you need to beat the mission in level 1-1 in less than 60 seconds. This mission requires you to destroy 3 tankers. It's very tricky to get without having everything upgraded so I'd suggest saving it till after beating the game.

Here's a video guide from Muetsch:

Rubbin', Son, Is Racin'-15 points
Find that guns aren't the only way to wreck a car
You need to take out a Big Arms car using only melee. It seems as though you need to avoid ramming cars because for some reason that doesn't make it count. Just boost to the car and attack it with or . It's pretty easy to get on level 1-1 if you're struggling to get it.

Car Go 'Splode, Just In Time-40 points
Keep the guns going as a man attacks from above
This is for the enemies that jump onto I.R.I.S. from the roofs of their cars. You need to destroy their vehicle before they reach you. This is easy to get in level 1-1 after you've fully upgrade I.R.I.S.'s firepower.

Big Movie Watchings-25 points
Learn about all the Secrets of Hollywood
Buy everything in the garage under the film section

All Game Secrets Revealed-25 points
See how things are made
Buy everything in the garage under the game section

Behind the Scenes Bonus DVD-15 Points
Purchase everything ever made
Unlocks when you buy both the Film and Game extras in the garage.

Free to Do What We Wanna Do and that is worth 145 points.

Pablo ThanksYou-40 points
Help Pablo and I.R.I.S. make it without a scratch
This is done by completing a level without taking damage. I did this on level 1-3 as you only have to fight S.P.I.K.E. and worry about his projectiles and attacks which are pretty easy to avoid. It's also a short level so it's easy to restart if you make a mistake.

There's an achievement or challenge also called Promise that isn't worth any points but you get it by choosing promise in the start menu and then by saying "I Promise" before the word promise goes up to the cloud.
Items
Post Thanks / Like
Dooney, IRELAND NO 1, eddie tubs thanked for this post
Dooney, eddie tubs liked this post
Re: LocoCycle
Old 01-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
IRELAND NO 1
Administrator
Points: 17,919, Level: 85 Points: 17,919, Level: 85 Points: 17,919, Level: 85
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 367
Likes (Received): 325

Awards Showcase
  200K Gamerscore   Membership Level 3 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Bot Hunter Level 50 Shadow Lord Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 21

Sweet guide good work! It looks like a quick and easy completion these games seem harder to find lately.

Xbox Gamercards
My Countdown Counting down to: When my back grows back!
1801 days 14 hours 19 minutes
Items User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile
Re: LocoCycle
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #3
Ranaky
Master of Order
Points: 4,980, Level: 45 Points: 4,980, Level: 45 Points: 4,980, Level: 45
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 30
Xbox Live Leaderboard: 37th

Awards Showcase

Total Awards: 1

Thanks, yeah it's true. You'd think more launch titles would have easier achievements.

I just noticed I forgot a few things but I don't see an edit button anywhere.

Anyway, the first problem is that I forgot to put a score on Free to Do What We Wanna Do and that is worth 145 points.

I also missed:
Pablo Thanks You-40 points
Help Pablo and I.R.I.S. make it without a scratch
This is done by completing a level without taking damage. I did this on level 1-3 as you only have to fight S.P.I.K.E. and worry about his projectiles and attacks which are pretty easy to avoid. It's also a short level so it's easy to restart if you make a mistake.

There's an achievement or challenge also called Promise that isn't worth any points but you get it by choosing promise in the start menu and then by saying "I Promise" before the word promise goes up to the cloud. Not sure if that should be in the guide but I'll put it here anyway.
Items

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode