Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 361
Likes (Given): 331
Likes (Received): 402

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 2 Reached 100K Gamerscore Sig Pimp  Level 50 Membership Level 1 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Staff Writer Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 16

Default Themes and screenshot capture coming to Xbox One

www.computerandvideogames.com
Dashboard themes and the ability to take screenshots will be coming to Xbox One in the future, according to Xbox boss Phil Spencer.

During an interview on The Inner Circle podcast, Spencer was asked if background customisation and themes would be coming to Xbox One in the future.

"You will see it," he replied. "I'll announce [that] here. I was told that themes and background pics are something that we're working on. And screenshots, I know people beat me up about screenshots.

"[These are] things that we're working on, the team's done a great job with the monthly updates, some of the things are just [down to] prioritisation or the time of development.

"But I know people like to customise the look of their dash and I think both themes/backgrounds and screenshots are things that I know people will want so we're going to deliver on them.

"I can't give you a 'when' yet, but people should know that they are coming."

Xbox One has been enjoying monthly updates since the console launched last November, with Microsoft adding new features, fixes and improvements on a regular basis.

The upcoming October update adds redesigned Snap and Friends functions, as well as improved video playback features such as support for MKV files and DLNA streaming.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode