Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Main Topics > Xbox 360 Achievement Guides

Old 02-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
GlenGrainger
Master of Order

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 83rd

Awards Showcase
Gold Guide Award Master of Order Guide Award 
Total Awards: 3

DefaultAssassin's Creed 2.

This game is not real hard, but can be a little time consuming though, there are 'collection' Achievements to unlock like In Memory of Petruccio, you have to collect all the Feathers in game. There is also a MISSABLE Achievement, Fly Swatter, you only get 1 chance during Memory Sequence 8. Added to this, you have to solve all 20 Glyph puzzles, invest money in Monteriggioni, do the training for some other Achievements...

Like I said not hard, just a little time consuming, your are probably looking at around 30 - 40 hours to complete, I did it in a little over 30 hours.

One thing before I start, like the first Assassin's Creed, exploring is a big part of this game, find 'viewpoints' early on to 'defog' the map for a better clearer view of the world around you. Counts towards an Achievement also.

The Birth of an Assassin - 20G

Be reborn as Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.

Yeah easy this one, just follow the story, can't miss.

Arrivederci Abstergo - 20G

Break out of Abstergo.

Yeah easy again, just follow the story, can't miss.

Welcome to the Animus 2.0 - 20G

Enter the Animus 2.0.

Same deal, just follow the story, can't miss.

The Pain of Betrayal - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 1.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 12 "Last Man Standing" Mission.

Vengeance - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 2.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 5 "Vrrivederci" Mission.

Exit the Son - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 3.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 5 "A Change of Plans" Mission.

Bloody Sunday - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 4.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 6 "Farewell Francesco" Mission.

Undertaker - 20G

Discover the Assassin's Tomb inside the catacombs under Santa Maria Novella.

This will unlock after you have completed memory 4 "Novella's Secret" Mission from Sequence 4. Tip: Study the environment around you! There are 2 secret chest in here, 1) the broken stair case, walk to the edge and look down to see a piece of wood, drop down a use Grasp to catch it on your way past. Leap across to the broken floor section nearby. 2) there is a hole in the floor, drop through.

The Conspirators - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 5.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 8 "With Friends Like These" Mission.

An Unexpected Journey - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 6.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 3 "Tutti A Bordo" Mission.

Bleeding Effect - 30G

Complete training and reenter the Animus.

You awaken from the Animus, Lucy is keen to try out your new abilities (that did not sound right), anyway head to the warehouse and complete some tests then go back to the Animus.

The Merchant of Venice - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 7.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 9 "Everything Must Go" Mission.

The Impenetrable Palazzo - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 8.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 5 "Infrequent Flier" Mission. Note: this is the one and only chance to get the Fly Swatter Achievement, make sure you make contact with a guard before you land at the Palazzo Ducale! If you miss, crash before Palazzo Ducale so you can try again. After you start, there are flames to the left and right, the left is better and easier, just stick to the left around the edge of the map.

Masquerade - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 9.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 8 "Having a Blast" Mission.

Bianca's Man - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 10.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 5 "Two Birds, One Blade" Mission.

The Prophet - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 11.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 2 "Play Along" Mission.

The Vault - 30G

Complete DNA Sequence 14.

Not much I can say about these, story based so you can't miss them, will unlock after memory 2 "In Bocca Al Lupo" Mission.

An Old Friend Returns - 100G

Escape the hideout.

You awaken from the Animus, follow Lucy through the warehouse and fight your way out. You have your ancestor's abilities, so you should have no problems with these guys. When the credits finish, you are back in the Animus as Ezio standing in the attic of Villa Auditore, you are free to complete anything you have not yet.

Tip of the Iceberg - 10G

Use your Eagle Vision to scan a Glyph in the environment.

You will probably find your first Glyph in the second area of Florence (San Marco District), you have to use Eagle Vision to see them, so if you see a red eye icon on your map then a Glyph is close, stand next to it and use Eagle Vision.

A Piece of the Puzzle - 10G

Unlock a piece of Subject 16's video.

You will probably get this one next, after you have scanned a Glyph, you will be taken to the Database page to decode it, once solved this unlocks.

Vitruvian Man - 20G

Unlock all 20 pieces of Subject 16's video.

Ok then, this will be a little tricky, time consuming, well actually no its not for you, here are the solutions at WikiCheats:

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/i.../Glyph_Puzzles

I did have them all written out as I was playing through and was typing them all in, but thought nope, must be already around somewhere, found the Wiki site.

Myth Maker - 5G

Find the 8 statuettes in Monteriggioni.

Have a look at the site above, then select Collectables, now select Monteriggioni. They are all listed.

Street Cleaner - 10G

Hide 5 dead bodies in a Bale of Hay.

This is not hard, just a little tricky to find a good spot, the square in front of Palazzo Della Signoria (Florence) has a good supply of guards without being overwhelmed or disturbed.

Fly Swatter - 5G

Kick a Guard while using the Flying Machine.

As said above, Sequence 8, memory 5 "Infrequent Flier" Mission is the ONLY chance to get this Achievement, do not miss it or you will have to start a new game. Lock onto a target (LT Button) to kick a guard as you get close.

Messer Sandman - 10G

Stun 4 guards at once by throwing sand in their face.

Before you can do this, you must do the combat training at Monteriggioni, can be tricky, especially if your facing Seekers. Best bet is somewhere in Florence with static guards and patrols, get a few together you need 4 at once.

Doctor - 20G

Perform an Air Assassination on a Poisoned NPC.

I had a lot of fun doing this one, should I say that? Oh well, anyway, you have to stick a 'target' with a poison blade then perform an Air Assassination before they collapse. Tricky bit is finding a place to do this, a lightly populated street or alleyway with fairly low rooftops, check for a guard patrol and have fun...

No-Hitter - 20G

Kill 10 enemies while remaining in conflict without being hit.

This is actually quite tricky, due to the 'morale system' in game, enemies may flee before you get a chance, especially early on in game. Wait until your in Venice, a indomitable Brute can keep morale high enough while focused on Ezio, you then kill 10 lesser enemies, before him once the Achievement unlocks, or run like hell!

Kleptomaniac - 10G

Pickpocket 1000 Florins.

Probably get this throughout the game really, but if you want it faster, equip Medici Cape and walk around Florence with little or no guards. Can get this within 5 minutes easily.

Lightning Strike - 10G

Sprint for 100 meters.

Around the streets this will probably be tricky to keep sprinting for 100 meters, even along rooftops, wait until you get out into the country side, much easier.

Sweeper - 10G

Sweep 5 guards at once by using a Long Weapon.

Same as Messer Sandman, before you can do this, you must do the combat training at Monteriggioni, again tricky if your facing Seekers or Agiles, Florence will be the best bet at doing this.

Choir Boy - 20G

Discover the Assassin's Tomb inside Santa Maria del Fiore (The Duomo).

This is a secondary mission in Sequence 4, the entrance is on the north side of Santa Maria del Fiore, the switch is visible from the street.

I can see your house from here! - 20G

Discover the Assassin's Tomb inside the Torre Grossa.

This is a secondary mission in Sequence 5, the entrance is in an alleyway behind the Palazzo Comunale in San Gimignano. Main thing is to be careful of the guards that patrol the wine cellar.
GlenGrainger is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
GlenGrainger
Master of Order

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 83rd

Awards Showcase
Gold Guide Award Master of Order Guide Award 

Prison Escape - 20G

Discover the Assassin's Tomb inside the Rocca di Ravaldino fortress.

This is a secondary mission in Sequence 6, the entrance is on the outer wall of the Rocca di Ravaldino in Forli.

Hallowed be thy name - 20G

Discover the Assassin's Tomb inside the Basilica di San Marco.

This is a secondary mission in Sequence 8, the entrance is a ladder on top of the Basilica di San Marco with the secret entrance just below.

Venetian Gladiator - 20G

Discover the Assassin's Tomb inside Santa Maria della Visitazione.

This is a secondary mission in Sequence 9, the entrance to this is on the west face of the tower, the tricky thing is that it is a 'timed run' of sort, there are 4 pressure sensitive bars that you have to land on to open the burial chamber. Once you pull the lever the bars rotate pillars, these pillars move poles into position creating a route counterwise around the chamber.

Assassin For Hire - 10G

Complete your first assassination mission for Lorenzo Il Magnifico.

Assassination Contracts are unlocked in Sequence 5, there are 15 in total (8 in Florence, 7 in Tuscany) and can be started from pigeon coops on rooftops, they can be completed whenever you wish. Note: speak to Lorenzo at the start of Sequence 6 first, once you have accepted the generous gift of the Medici Cape, you can fulfill the terms of each contract without worrying about "Notoriety" penalties.

Macho Man - 10G

Defend a woman's honor.

Secondary mission in Sequence 1 and 2 will be available called 'Beat Up', fist icon on your map. The first is easy, cheating husband needs a lesson, after a few good hits he will run away, do not kill!

Steal Home - 10G

Win a race against thieves!

Secondary mission in Sequence 1 and 2 will be available called 'Races', flag icon on your map. Speak to the thief and beat the time he has set on the course, not overly hard, but just complete the course a few times so you get to know it better.

Note: once you have these 2 Achievements there are no others, so you do not have to do anymore 'Beat Up' or 'Race' Missions if you do not want to, only if you want the reward.

Show your Colors - 10G

Wear the Auditore cape in each city.

You can not attempt this until you have found all 100 Feathers, the Auditore Cape places Ezio in a constant state of maximum Notoriety. Just wear the Cape to each town and city in the game world and this will unlock. Look at the Wiki site for maps.

Handy Man - 10G

Upgrade a building in the Stronghold.

At the end of sequence 3 you will be able to improve Monteriggioni by investing in shops, renovating and so on. Speak to the Architect (in the same room as Claudia) to choose which shop you want to invest in, the Art Merchant is the cheapest at this point.

Podestà of Monteriggioni - 30G

Reach 80% of your stronghold's total value.

Just keep investing and renovating Monteriggioni, once it reaches 80% of its value this will unlock.

I like the view - 10G

Synchronize 10 View Points.

This will come through the game, just explore and continue to find viewpoints, once you have synchronize 10 you get this.

High Dive - 10G

Perform a Leap of Faith from the Top of Florence's Giotto's Campanile.

The Giotto's Campanile is in the first area where you start, it is right next to the big Cathedral, you will have to climb the Cathedral then jump to Giotto's Campanile as there is no way to climb from its base at ground level. About halfway up, you may not be able to go any further, got me confused too at first, but side-strafe around the back to see a broken window you can climb into and continue your way up. Once you reach the top, synchronize, line up the haybale and leap, there is only 1 haybale to land in, make sure you line it up correctly. Note: there is a chest inside Giotto's Campanile too.

Mailman - 10G

Intercept a Borgia Courrier.

These guys are not that easy to catch early in the game, they are free runners like you, so the rooftops are home, you have to be quick to catch. Leave until you have learnt the Tackle ability, during Sequence 4 "Fox Hunt" mission, otherwise you will probably have to kill them to catch them, and that is a big penalty to Notoriety (+50%).

Note: again, once you have this Achievement you do not have to do anymore, only if you want the reward, which is a good reason at 1,500 florins!

Art Connoisseur - 10G

Buy a Painting from Florence and Venice.

Easy, just buy a painting from the Art Store in Florence, then buy another painting in Venice. Paint brush icon on your map, you reach Venice in Sequence 6, hardest part of this is having the money to actually buy one, but it does not matter, the cheapest painting will do.

Perfect Harmony - 10G

Tint your clothes with those colors: Wetland Ebony and Wetland Ivory.

The dyes can be brought from the Tailer in the center of Forli, thread icon on your map. Going to cost about 2,500 florins for both colours/colors (american spelling), once you have them this will unlock.

In Memory of Petruccio - 30G

Collect all the Feathers.

There are 100 Feathers to collect in game, 27 in Florence, 4 in Monteriggioni, 11 in Tuscany (San Gimignano), 12 in Romagna (Forli) and 46 in Venice.

Once again, use the Wiki site for a listing and maps for their locations. http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/i...0/Collectibles

Red Light Addict - 10G

Spend 5000 florins on Courtesans.

Hmmmmmm... Anyway, spend a total of 5,000 florins acquiring the services of Courtesan girls, you will probably come very close to this during normal playthrough, works out to be about 35 times.

Man of the People - 10G

Toss more than 300 florins on the ground.

Use the Throw Coins ability, you will probably come close to this during the main missions through the game due to 'harassers' while you are walking around.

Victory lies in preparation - 10G

Get all Hidden Blades, Item Pouches and Armor upgrades for Ezio.

To get this you must have, obtained all Hidden Blade enhancements, obtained all Pouches and upgrades and purchased all available armor. Note: Uplay "bonus" Pouch for throwing knives is not required.

There you go, as I said none are real hard to get, some are just a little tricky while others are a little time consuming to run around and collect everything needed, or having enough florins to invest and renovate Monteriggioni. This is income too, every 20 minutes 10% of Monteriggioni's value is awarded to you, a good strategy to start with, collect all 8 Statuettes arond Monteriggioni, use the Wiki for maps, about 10 minutes work and will net you an extra 8,000 florins to spend. Now speak to the Architect and open the Art Merchant, Bank and Tailor, cost 3,500 florins, but income increase to 900 florins every 20 minutes, do not invest anymore at this point, buy Leather Armor, you will need it for Sequence 4.

Mostly the Fly Swatter Achievement is the main one, if you miss this you will have to restart the game again, work your way through to Sequence 8 and try again, so make sure you unlock this BEFORE you land on the roof of the Palazzo Ducale. If you are getting close to the end, crash so you can have another go!

Have fun.
GlenGrainger is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 

Thanks GlenGrainger for another great guide.

Will definitely post up!

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3811 days 14 hours 10 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is online now  Reply With Quote
Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode