Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Xbox 360 Achievement Guides > A - L

Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 AM   #1
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase
Gold Guide Award Achievement Guide Competition Winner Guide Award Master of Order 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Yahoo to YouStayClassy
DefaultGame Room Achievement Guide (Work in Progress)

• Time To 1000 - 36 Hours
  • Ease Of Game - /10 (undetermined until the full 1000 is available)
  • Number Of Playthroughs Required - as this is a collection of different games, this doesn't really apply
  • Total Number Of People Needed To Boost Online Achievements - 1 (you can boost all the achievements by yourself with a second silver account on your console, but 2 people is recommended so you don't have to constantly keep signing profiles in and out)

First and foremost, this guide is a WORK IN PROGRESS. Game Room followed 2010's most disturbing trend and released with the full 1000 impossible to attain at release date (just like Army of Two: the 40th Day and MLB 2K10). As of the first week of April 2010, there are just not enough games to reach the upper Level and Medal requirements for the game.

This guide is going to be written for the fastest, easiest, and most importantly, CHEAPEST way to get the full 1000 out of game room. This guide is also being written based off the 360 version and not the Windows PC version, although they are identical the PC version has been reported to be VERY glitchy

Notes:
*VERY IMPORTANT: if you are a completionist and do not plan on spending the money needed to 1k this game, DO NOT download it. The second you download this game and start it up you get an achievement, so it's stuck on your gamercard forever

*Game Room is very similar to the Xbox Live Arcade release of EA's Family Game Night, where it's a free download for the program itself but you have to buy the actual games. You can begin by downloading the program here (this link is for the U.S. 360 version of the game, check your country's marketplace for region specific versions)

*However you're not done yet, after downloading Game Room you need to download the Game Packs. These are free add-ons to the game that basically serve as an in-game store, showing you what games are available for purchase. You can get Game Pack 1 here and Game Pack 2 here

How The Heck Does Game Room Work?
-Game Room is a very fun and addicting thing if you're into retro gaming. However it was released with a rather poor explanation of how it works, such as multiple price points for games, mysterious tokens, and a levelling system based off medals.

-The goal of Game Room is to earn medals from the various games you buy. Every medal (Bronze, Silver, Gold) has a different point value, every 20 points you go up a Level. The only thing going up a Level does is unlock various things in your arcade (wallpapers and decorations), but you need to hit Level 20 to get all the related achievements

-Medals are earned in three different ways:
  1. 1. Scoring a set amount of points in a game
    2. Staying alive in a game for a set amount of time
    3. Playing the game over multiple playthroughs for a set amount of time

-Games are available in four versions:
  1. Demo Play - this is where you use your tokens, to "recreate" the experience of putting tokens in an arcade machine. Demo play has nothing to do with the achievements, it's just a 10 minute trial to see how the game plays
  2. Single Play - available for 40 Microsoft Points (MSP). This also gives you a 10 minute play of a game, however this time you can earn achievements off it *IF* you can meet the point and survival based criteria. As of press time this is an effective way to get easy medals for cheap in a few games, but since there's not enough easy games currently available to make a dent towards the higher achievements this isn't the recommended route. Now in the future if there are a hundred or so easy games available this will definitely be the way to go and make Game Room MUCH cheaper to 1k
  3. Full Game - available for 240 MSP. This gives you the full "retail" version of the game to play as long as you want, as well as the ability to get time based medals
  4. Play Anywhere Game - available for 400 MSP. Not only does this give you the full "retail" version on your 360 but also the ability to download it to your Windows PC and play it there. Since this is a money saving guide, we're going to be ignoring this option completely

-At 240 MSP a game, Game Room will be a very expensive 1k. To reach the top Level in the game, you will need 76 medals total. As you can only earn 3 medals per game (and not all even have 3 medals available), you're looking at bare minimum of 26 games you need to buy. This works out to be 6,240 MSP (plus another 40MSP if you have to buy a Mascot), a little under $80 American. Pricey yes, but you know you paid more for Call of Duty with those stupid night vision goggles.

Last edited by YouStayClassy; 04-05-2010 at 04:00 AM..
YouStayClassy is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase
Gold Guide Award Achievement Guide Competition Winner Guide Award Master of Order 

My First Theme (5g) - Place a Theme in your arcade
See Theme Filler achievement for more information. This is a free achievement

Theme Filler (20g) - Place 5 unique Themes in your arcade
Your Arcade has a total of 12 empty rooms when you start. You can place a "Theme" in each one, which gives the room a unique look. Simply place a different theme in five rooms to unlock the achievement. This is a free achievement

Fancy Arcade (20g) - Theme an entire arcade with unique Themes
Just like Theme Filler, fill EVERY single room with a different theme. As of the first week of April 2010 this achievement is unattainable, as only 11 unique themes are available. Some themes can only be unlocked by hitting certain experience levels in the game

My First Mascot (5g) - Activate a Mascot in your arcade
Mascots are little moving game icons you can place in your arcade. In order to get one, you have to either buy one from the store for 40 MSP or when new Game Packs are released if you buy a game that has a mascot on the release date you get the mascot for free

My First Decoration (5g) - Place a Decoration in your arcade
See Room Filler achievement for more information. This is a free achievement

Proptastic (20g) - Place 5 arcade Decorations in your arcade
See Room Filler achievement for more information. This is a free achievement

My First Game (5g) - Place a Game Cabinet in your arcade
You will get this upon purchasing your first game and placing it somewhere in your arcade

The Visitor (5g) - Visit a Friend's arcade

Show Me! (5g) - Visit the Showcase Arcade
This is the notorious achievement you get the second you start the game for the first time. This is a free achievement

The Player (5g) - Play a Friend's Game Cabinet

Room Filler (20g) - Fill an entire room
This is a free achievement

My First Win (5g) - Win a Challenge
See Challenge Master achievement for more information

My First Challenge (5g) - Send a Challenge

Challenge Chief (5g) - Win 10 Challenges

Challenge Master (20g) - Win 20 Challenges

Too Cool for my Score (20g) - Beat your own High Score in a game
My Blisters have Blisters! (5g) - Play a game for 1 hour continuously

Arcade Junkie (20g) - Spend 4 hours total playing games in your arcade
See Matchstick Eyes achievement for more information

Retro Addict (20g) - Spend 8 hours total playing games in your arcade See Matchstick Eyes achievement for more information

Go to Sleep (20g) - Spend 16 hours total playing games in your arcade See Matchstick Eyes achievement for more information

Machine not Man (20g) - Spend 24 hours total playing games in your
arcade

See Matchstick Eyes achievement for more information

Matchstick Eyes (20g) - Spend 36 hours total playing games in your arcade

My First Medal (5g) - Win your first Medal See I Like Shiny Things achievement for more information

Medal Variety (5g) - Win a Medal of each Type (Point Buster, Survivalist,
Time Spender)

See I Like Shiny Things achievement for more information

Double Trouble (20g) - Win 2 Medals of each type (2x Point Buster, 2x
Survivalist, 2x Time Spender)

Medal Collector (20g) - Win 3 Medals

80s Skilled (20g) - Win 6 Medals

Game Beater (20g) - Win 9 Medals

Arcade Hustler (20g) - Win 12 Medals

Retro Expert (20g) - Win 15 Medals

The New Old Schooler (20g) - Win 18 Medals

Medal Enthusiast (20g) - Win 21 Medals

Arcade Shark (20g) - Win 24 Medals

Can't Touch This! (20g) - Win 27 Medals

Retro Master (20g) - Win 30 Medals

Check My Skillz (20g) - Win 33 Medals

Minted (20g) - Win 36 Medals

Medaltastic (20g) - Win 39 Medals

Fly Skillz (20g) - Win 42 Medals

Medal Masher (20g) - Win 45 Medals

I Like Shiny Things (35g) - Win 48 Medals

Level Up! (20g) - Reach Level 2
See Level 20! achievement for more information

Level 5! (20g) - Reach Level 5

Level 8! (20g) - Reach Level 8

Level 11! (20g) - Reach Level 11

Level 14! (20g) - Reach Level 14

Level 17! (20g) - Reach Level 17

Level 20! (50g) - Reach Level 20

Last edited by YouStayClassy; Yesterday at 12:21 AM..
Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

Medal Smasher (20g) - Win 10 Medals of each type
See Medal Mad achievement for more information

Medal Mad (50g) - Win 20 Medals of each type
This requires you to earn 20 medals of each type: Point Buster, Survivalist, and Time Spender. You will unlock this on the way to getting the Level 20! achievement, which will require a total of 76 medals

Point Buster (20g) - Win 5 Point Buster Medals

Point Slammer (20g) - Win 10 Point Buster Medals

Survivalist (20g) - Win 5 Survivalist Medals

Survival of the Fittest (20g) - Win 10 Survivalist Medals

Time Spender (20g) - Win 5 Time Spender Medals

Time Crazy (20g) - Win 10 Time Spender Medals

The Easy Games
Astrosmash
Point Buster Medal - 25,000 (Bronze), 30,000 (Silver), 40,000 (Gold)
Survivalist Medal - 5 min (B), 10 min (S), 15 min (G)
Time Spender Medal - 45 min (B), 60 min (S), 90 min (G)

By far one of the easiest games, you are in a ship moving left to right across the screen firing up at falling debris and UFOs. Your goal is destroy everything before it hits the ground, as you lose points when something does. There are also falling white diamonds that if they hit the ground, you lose a life. The more objects you destory, the more lives you gain.

As long as you shoot down the majority of the objects in the sky (I recommend turning on your ship's Auto Fire to make it even easier), you will earn enough points and lives to earn the points and survival medals

Crystal Castles
Point Buster - 20,000 (B), 40,000 (S), 70,000 (G)
Survivalist - 2 min (B), 4 min (S), 6 min (G)
Time Spender - 30 min (B), 60 min (S), 90 min (G)

Thanks to a hidden warp area, this is turned into another of Game Room's easiest games. When you first begin the game wait for the rolling enemies to come down to about the middle of the screen, then go to the far left until you're completely hidden behind the wall. The rolling enemies will get stuck in a corner and unable to get you.

After a short amount a time, a swarm of hornets will start dropping down at the top of the screen and then vanish. About the fifth time, they will drop down right on top of you. Before they hit you, start running around the map avoiding them. Eventually they will get you and you'll start over again.

Repeat this process until you're on your last life. However before the fifth time when the hornets drop down on you, jump up twice from the far left of the screen and you will be teleported to a bonus area. This will give you 140,000 points and enough for the Gold Point Buster medal.

On this new map you will get more lives, this time just try to stay alive as long as possible and you should hit the six minutes for the Survival medal. A very helpful YouTube video on this strategy can be found here

Jungler
Point Buster - 15,000 (B), 25,000 (S), 30,000 (G)
Survivalist - 3 min (B), 4 min (S), 5 min (G)
Time Spender - 30 min (B), 60 min (S), 90 min (G)
Jungler is a cross between Pac-Man and Millipede/Centipede, I like to think of it as Pac-Man with guns. Quite fun and easy, your goal is to destroy all the red enemies and collect fruit. In order to destroy the enemies, you have to shoot their tails until they're shorter than you and then smash into their heads to kill them. You can also keep shooting them until they're gone.

Just like Astrosmash, as long as you keep killing the enemies you'll have no problem hitting the points and survival medal targets

Lunar Lander
Point Buster - 250 (B), 500 (S), 750 (G)
Survivalist - 3 min (B), 4 min (S), 5 min (G)
Time Spender - 30 min (B), 40 min (S), 50 min (G)
I would consider this the "hardest" of the easy games, but once you master the controls it becomes very simple and you wonder how you ever had trouble with it.

Your goal is to land your Lunar Lander on the flashing platforms with different point values. Always go for the X5 targets (or X4 if there's no X5s), as three successful landings will be enough to get the points gold medal.

Use the left analog stick to aim the direction you want to go and keep tapping the Right Trigger to apply trust to propel yourself. This will take a few attempts to get the hang of it, but you'll be able to line yourself up to land on the targets in no time.

If you find yourself falling towards the target too fast, press the B button to apply super boost to slow yourself down greatly. In order to make a successful landing, you have to be lined up with the target perfectly and CANNOT be going faster than a descent speed of 9. A YouTube video can be found here for tips.

As for the survival medals, you can pretty much just let the game sit there as you have enough fuel to last 5 minutes of landing attempts.

Shao-lin's Road
Point Buster - 30,000 (B), 60,000 (S), 100,000 (G)
Survivalist - 4 min (B), 6 min (S), 8 min (G)
Time Spender - 60 min (B), 120 min (S), 240 min (G)
The goal of this game is to kick a lot of people in the face while not letting them kick you back. The key to getting the points medal is to always use jump kicks when you can, as you get 500 points per kick. At the end of almost every level is a boss who you get 1000 points per kick. By the end of the fourth boss you should have hit the 100,000 points for the gold medal as long as you do jump kicks whenever you can

To get the Survival medal kill everyone but one guy on the first level, then just run around avoiding him. Eventually time will run out and you'll die, but just keep repeating this with your lives and you'll hit the 8 minutes for survival. If you find you're still not making the time requirement, on your last life start playing through the levels staying alive as long as you can

Space Hawk
Point Buster - 2,000 (B), 5,000 (S), 8,000 (G)
Survivalist - 5 min (B), 10 min (S), 15 min (G)
Time Spender - 30 min (B), 45 min (S), 60 min (G)
Almost identical to Astrosmash, only this time you're flying through space rather than being land based. For 15 minutes just stay alive, shooting whatever you can and dodging what you can't and you'll hit both points and survival medals

Tempest
Point Buster - 10,000 (B), 20,000 (S), 25,000 (G)
Survivalist - 1 min (B), 2 min (S), 3 min (G)
Time Spender - 20 min (B), 35 min (S), 45 min (G)

Yar's Revenge
Point Buster - 20,000 (B), 35,000 (S), 50,000 (G)
Survivalist - 5 min (B), 7 min (S), 9 min (G)
Time Spender - 25 min (B), 35 min (S), 45 min (G)

Last edited by YouStayClassy; Yesterday at 12:26 AM..
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

space filler charlie

Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #5
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

space filler delta

Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

last space filler echo. hopefully this is enough to cover future releases

Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #7
YouStayClassy
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

no better do one more, 26 games will take up some room

Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 3

Space filler golf.

Wow this is going to be some undertaking. If you reply below than I can always delete this post if you need more room. In fact be warned anyone who posts below, I may delete them!

I know this is a work in progress but you receive an award anyway. As for those COD night vision goggles, did anyone actually use them ? LOL

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3754 days 14 hours 36 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:27 AM   #9
CovertPimpSloth
Shadow Master

Awards Showcase
Shadow Master Gold Guide Award Play Anything For Achievements Staff Writer 
Total Awards: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam Da Brakes View Post
Space filler golf.

Wow this is going to be some undertaking. If you reply below than I can always delete this post if you need more room. In fact be warned anyone who posts below, I may delete them!

I know this is a work in progress but you receive an award anyway. As for those COD night vision goggles, did anyone actually use them ? LOL
they are truly awesome btw. i love messing around with them.

My Awards:
CovertPimpSloth is offline  Reply With Quote
Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode