Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Xbox 360 Achievement Guides > A - L

Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
johnnyreid6
Master of Order

Awards Showcase
100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements Master of Order Winner 
Total Awards: 5

DefaultAfterburner climax

AFTERBURNER CLIMAX

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
-Offline: 12 (200 )
-Online: 0 (0 )
-Approximate amount of time to 200 : 2-3hrs
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: several (only takes 10-15min to finish)
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: no
-Glitched achievements: None!

Introduction

Welcome to my first guide and its for the classic Afterburner Climax live arcade game. If you were a fan of the orginal back in the day then you owe it to yourself to download this. Its classic Sega arcade shooting brought up to date.
Although the game is short (10-15 min one play through) it is extremely addictive and features lots of replayability for high score junkies.

The game features an unlockable ex options menu which is full of game altering features which can make the game extremely easy (or harder). You gain these ex options through meeting certain criteria from playing standard arcade mode. The best thing about this is that activating these options does not affect achievements and makes getting some of the harder ones, extremely easy.

*NOTE* - I unlocked most of the ex options from putting in approx 1-2hrs playtime, if your having trouble unlocking certain ex options check the game menu where it gives you the criteria to meet to unlock the ex options.

OK, enough of my droning on lets get to the good stuff....Achievements!

ROLL 15G Perform a roll in arcade mode
Easy, start an arcade game and while flying hold left on your anologue stick and quickly flick right (or right to left) and your plane performs a barrel roll.

CLIMAX MODE 15G Activated climax mode in arcade mode
Start an arcade game and when your climax meter fills to the top hit RB to activate climax mode, easy.

50 COMBO 20G Got a combo of 50 in arcade mode
Ok this is an achievement your not going to get straight away (unless your good!) but there is an easy way of getting this. You will notice your unlocking ex options as you play, these are various options that alter gameplay drastically including things like more lives, continues, auto guns, enemy damage, bigger target lock on areas etc.
One of the options you will unlock is the combo meter altering, when its unlocked you want to set the combo meter to endless (only ends when your shot down) and to make it even more easier, activate the large target lock too.
You should find that from stage 3 onwards you can take down more than 50 enemies in a single combo with ease.

STEALTH BOMBER 10G Cleared stage 5 in arcade mode
Easy, just reach and clear stage 5 with out continuing. If your having problems just set your lives to 9 and reduce enemy attack to -2 in ex options.

ACROSS ENEMY LINES 10G Cleared stage 10 in arcade mode

*see stealth bomber achievement, use same technique.

SUPER TOMCAT 20G Cleared arcade mode with the F-14D
Finish the game with the tomcat, approx 10-15min to finish game, easy.

SUPER HORNET 20G Cleared arcade mode with the F/A-18E
*see Super tomcat achievement

STRIKE EAGLE 20G Cleared arcade mode with the F-15E
*see Super tomcat achievement

EMERGENCY ORDER 20G Cleared an emergency order in arcade mode
The first emergency order you receive is the easiest to get, when you get to the canyon stage you will receive a warning of a prototype jet approaching, follow this jet(its marked with big red target lettering) and and unleash hell on it (use ex options to make it super easy) the achievement will pop as soon as your destroy the jet.

RANK IN 15G upload a score attack score to rankings
Play a game of score attack, and when completed your score will automatically be uploaded to the leaderboard and the achievement will pop.

TRIPLE A 30G Got a AAA ranking in arcade mode (for shotdown, combo, or playtime)
Ex options are your friend again for this one, activate all the options that make the game easier (large target reticule, endless combo, enemy damage -2, more lives, infinite climax)
The easiest way to get this is go for the combo ranking, you can easily achieve a combo of over 100 on stage 4 or 5. This will give you a AAA ranking for combos, play the game through til the end and you will see your highest combo rating in the stats and the achievement will pop.
Note- this achievement will only unlock on completing the game but it will show you have a AAA ranking on the mid game results table so keep playing til you finish the game.

ALL CLEAR 5G Cleared arcade mode with ending A
To get ending A you have to clear all emergency order side missions to gain access to the 2 secret stages at the end, this can be a bit of a challenge to do legit so head to the ex options before starting your game and set up as follows

Credits: 9
Aircraft Count: 9
Lock On: Large Cursor
Gun Power: Up
Auto Gun: On
Climax Gauge Recovery: Free
Armour: Half Damage
Enemy Attack: 2 Level Down
Display: No Smoke (All)
Aircraft Speed: Normal
Secret mission: always (this one is essential!!)

With the secret mission set to always you will find that you access the secret stages 14 and 15 at the end of the game even if you don’t complete all the emergency orders.

Stages 14 and 15 literally happen in a flash so pay full attention. Stage 14 requires you to destroy three missiles with the gun and that is all. Stage 15 gives you a time limit of 30 seconds to destroy the last missile while under fire from alot of enemies. Spam missiles to take care of the enemies and then use full acceleration to close in on the last missile and shoot it out of the skies!

If you manage to destroy the missile in stage 15 within the time limit you will achieve ending A and the achievement that goes with it. If you fail to destroy the missile you will get ending B.

Ok thats my first ever guide written and uploaded so give me some feedback if you think anything needs altering.

100K achievement: ALIEN VS PREDATOR-create a new species

Last edited by johnnyreid6; 05-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: alteration
johnnyreid6 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 3

Nice and descriptive guide there. Impressive as it is your first!

Just one tiny thing I would recommend. The achievement points for each achievement would be handy.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3726 days 0 hours 18 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
jjbadnell
Shadow General

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 9th

Awards Showcase
Winner EX3A Member Play Anything For Achievements 100K Gamerscore 
Total Awards: 11

nice guide.the only thing i would change is the difficulty.it is a 1/10.had 200 in not much more than 1 hour
jjbadnell is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
johnnyreid6
Master of Order

Awards Showcase
100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements Master of Order Winner 
Total Awards: 5

Points for achievements and difficulty have been ammended, thanks guys.

100K achievement: ALIEN VS PREDATOR-create a new species
johnnyreid6 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #5
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 3

Guide has been posted to the main site.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3726 days 0 hours 18 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is offline  Reply With Quote
Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode