Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 7

Awards Showcase
Staff Writer Front Page Writer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Master of Order Guide Award 100K Gamerscore 
Total Awards: 6

Send a message via AIM to TruthLies
Default The Harry Potter Guy

Hey everyone.

Still being new here, most probably do not know about my Harry Potter obsession. I have my Master's degree in English Literature, and I wrote both my undergraduate and Master's thesis on the HP books.

No one gives them enough credit for their literary merit and proper value, and I want to lead that cause.

Two of my xbox gamertags before have been HP related, DA Sectumsempra, and Griphook. And, seeing as how the last movie comes out this week i've now switched back to Griphook, haha, since i know it will be taken very soon otherwise.

I would not call myself a "fanatic" in that i don't dress up in costumes or have all the sticker books. But i would say i am the most appreciative fan of the books and movies. I own 5 sets of the books, as well as 32 books of criticism on the series. I have a replica wand, many shirts, my schoolbag is of Durmstrang, i have all the movie posters framed.

The stories are just so brilliantly realized. The characters and situations feel so real despite everything being so steeped in fantasy.

But yeah, ha, wanted to throw this bit out there, as most people would probably wonder why my GT is now Griphook.
Items
TruthLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
eddie tubs
Dark General
Points: 3,176, Level: 34 Points: 3,176, Level: 34 Points: 3,176, Level: 34
Activity: 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 5

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 

Great gamertag, while im not not a big fan of HP i have seen all the films and they are great,and i see where you are coming from because im a massive fan of star wars, got everything t.shirts and the toy figures and spacecrafts all from the 80s but i could not get a gamertag from the films they were all taken

XBOX LOOP 2013
Items User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Fat Boy Nuclear Bomb
eddie tubs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
IRELAND NO 1
Points: 6,446, Level: 52 Points: 6,446, Level: 52 Points: 6,446, Level: 52
Activity: 57%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 4

Awards Showcase
Level 50 Shadow Lord Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 11

Exclamation

I can't keep up with your gamertags....

Tbh my other half is a fanatic she has all the boxsets with all extra scenes directors cut etc. I am partly to blame i bought her the 1st book years ago when we went on holiday, so she could read and i could drink by the pool.
She is currently in the process of finishing off the last book before the premiere. Which i have to go to by the way! i will have to get there about an hour before it starts, even though we got tickets weeks ago lol.

I can imagine the queue with hundreds of kids shouting in my ear i am definitely not a fanboy, but i have actually grown to like them a bit since they have got a bit darker. Guess what she is watching all the movies 1 each night until thursday then Friday we go to see the new movie. Everytime a new movie comes out she reads all the books, and watches all the movies again before the new one!

I do love fantasy movies and sci-fi anyway. Star wars, but Lord of the rings is my favourite now there are some books you should appreciate, the films are epic can't wait for the Hobbit i have lots of LOTR collectibles signed posters Weta figures etc.

My Countdown Counting down to: When i finally grow up!
2967 days 9 hours 33 minutes
Items User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile
IRELAND NO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command
Points: 13,741, Level: 76 Points: 13,741, Level: 76 Points: 13,741, Level: 76
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Tournaments Joined: 4
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 3

Awards Showcase
Master of Order Guide Award Gold Guide Award Staff Writer Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Shadow Lord Shadow Master Dark General Level 50 Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 14

Gaming related - I used to like Harry Potter until I played Order of The Phoenix and those annoying Gobstones. I mean I've completed COD 2 & 4 on Veteran, Mass Effect 1 on Insanity, etc but nothing beats those Gobstones.

So frustrating made me want to stab Harry. Turned me completely off and haven't watched the movies SINCE Order Of The Phoenix.

Maybe I should watch them now ...
Slam Da Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
buttoon
Shadow Master
Points: 6,839, Level: 54 Points: 6,839, Level: 54 Points: 6,839, Level: 54
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Awards Showcase
Level 50 Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner 250K Gamerscore Bot Killer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Dark General 20K Club Bracket Champion Addicted Winner Addicted Challenger 200K Gamerscore Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam Da Brakes View Post
Gaming related - I used to like Harry Potter until I played Order of The Phoenix and those annoying Gobstones. I mean I've completed COD 2 & 4 on Veteran, Mass Effect 1 on Insanity, etc but nothing beats those Gobstones.

So frustrating made me want to stab Harry. Turned me completely off and haven't watched the movies SINCE Order Of The Phoenix.

Maybe I should watch them now ...
Oh i remember the gobstones lol!!! Not only did i nearly break the disk in half but then my gf played it and she couldnt do it so i had to do it AGAIN!!!

the half blood prince on the other hand is an EASY game

Items
buttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
TruthLies
Dark General
Points: 4,610, Level: 43 Points: 4,610, Level: 43 Points: 4,610, Level: 43
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Received): 7

Awards Showcase
Staff Writer Front Page Writer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Master of Order Guide Award 100K Gamerscore 

Send a message via AIM to TruthLies

Yes, Gobstones SUCK. Oh my god. The champion was such a cheater, haha.

I loved those two games though, Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood since you could explore the castle and grounds. Deathly hallows part 1 is one of the worst games on 360. I traded it in the next day. I hope this new one is a better game.
Items
TruthLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Nwehrman11
Dark General
Points: 11,634, Level: 70 Points: 11,634, Level: 70 Points: 11,634, Level: 70
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Ms Pacman Champion!
Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1

Awards Showcase
Dark General Noob Challenger Gold Guide Award Master of Order Call Of Duty Black Ops Challenge Winner Level 50 Guide Award 
Total Awards: 7

I am a fan of Harry Potter as well, not nearly as big of a fan as you but I enjoy the series. Just out of curiousity, why 5 sets of the books? Not sure what good can come out of owning 5 sets of the same books haha.

Call of Duty completion goal:

Call of Duty Classic: 0/200 (Haven't purchased yet)
Call of duty 2: 1000/1000
Call of duty 3: 0/1000
Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare: 1000/1000
Call of duty 5: World at War: 325/1000
Call of duty 6: Modern Warfare 2: 1000/1000
Call of duty 7: Black Ops: 950/1000
Items User owns 1x 1600 MS Points
Nwehrman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #8
Gun Devil 2
Points: 13,467, Level: 75 Points: 13,467, Level: 75 Points: 13,467, Level: 75
Activity: 93%
Activity: 93% Activity: 93% Activity: 93%

Simon Champion!
Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 6

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter Shadow Master Guide Award Bot Killer Level 50 Committed Winner Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore Donated Committed Challenger Dark General Front Page Writer GFX Skilled Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via AIM to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via MSN to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Skype™ to Gun Devil 2

One of my daughters friends showed me this. Truthlies I thought you might like it.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I obtain 130K gamer score!
45 days 9 hours 32 minutes
Items User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Handgun
Gun Devil 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode