Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 6

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter Shadow Master Guide Award Bot Killer Level 50 Committed Winner Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore Donated Committed Challenger Dark General Front Page Writer GFX Skilled Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via AIM to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via MSN to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Skype™ to Gun Devil 2
DefaultRouter Problems Need Help

I just moved into a new house and am having router issues. I live in a split level house and my router location is on the top floor on the right side of the house in my computer room. The Xbox that I play all the time is on the bottom floor in the middle of the house.

Whenever I play on XBL I keep getting disconnected every 10-20 minutes because of a week signal. I Just bought a linksys E2500 router with the hopes that it will have a longer range but my Xbox doesn't even detect it.

Does anyone know of a really good router with a good amount of range on it? I really don't want to pay the cable company to come out and install another line down stairs.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I obtain 130K gamer score!
45 days 9 hours 8 minutes
Items User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Handgun
Gun Devil 2 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
buttoon
Shadow Master
Points: 6,839, Level: 54 Points: 6,839, Level: 54 Points: 6,839, Level: 54
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Awards Showcase
Level 50 Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner 250K Gamerscore Bot Killer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Dark General 20K Club Bracket Champion Addicted Winner Addicted Challenger 200K Gamerscore Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 14

i have never had a problem with my belkin router... always a strong and constant signal. I payed 64.99 for it so i guess u get what u pay for....

Items
buttoon is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
eddie tubs
Dark General
Points: 3,178, Level: 34 Points: 3,178, Level: 34 Points: 3,178, Level: 34
Activity: 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 5

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 6

I had the same problems when i moved but i did get around it,i run my xbox wireless and wired when i just want to see whos on i run it wireless it dont be great,when im playing halo or gears i set up the wire my router is upstairs and xbox downstairs i got a 20 meter cable fibre optic and drilled the floor upstaires and brought it through the wall to pop out at back of tv, whole setup cost 200 euro wire and replaster the wall but it is great not sure if it helps but i feel bad for ye because i changed companys 5 times and still no better so i got the drill and went to work

XBOX LOOP 2013
Items User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Fat Boy Nuclear Bomb
eddie tubs is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
IRELAND NO 1
Points: 6,446, Level: 52 Points: 6,446, Level: 52 Points: 6,446, Level: 52
Activity: 57%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 4

Awards Showcase
Level 50 Shadow Lord Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 11

Question

I had this issue before when I got a new router a few years ago, it was just my nat settings had to be changed to a lower setting it was just switching off every 20 mins rang the network company ran through settings it and i fixed it.

Few months ago I moved my xbox downstairs also had to get a new router because the old one was a bit old to recieve the signal. I would check your router settings first. If that does not work then why don't you try move it halfway to see if the signal stays solid for an hour or so. If it picks it up there solid then your router probably needs to be upgraded!

My Countdown Counting down to: When i finally grow up!
2967 days 9 hours 9 minutes
Items User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile
IRELAND NO 1 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Slydog73
Shadow General
Points: 3,675, Level: 38 Points: 3,675, Level: 38 Points: 3,675, Level: 38
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Likes (Given): 1

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter 100K Gamerscore Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner Guide Award Bot Killer Master of Order Membership Level 1 Reached Donated 
Total Awards: 8

DefaultPowerpoint network adaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Devil 2 View Post
I just moved into a new house and am having router issues. I live in a split level house and my router location is on the top floor on the right side of the house in my computer room. The Xbox that I play all the time is on the bottom floor in the middle of the house.

Whenever I play on XBL I keep getting disconnected every 10-20 minutes because of a week signal. I Just bought a linksys E2500 router with the hopes that it will have a longer range but my Xbox doesn't even detect it.

Does anyone know of a really good router with a good amount of range on it? I really don't want to pay the cable company to come out and install another line down stairs.
The other option to go for is a powerpoint adaptor in each room that extends and creates a wired network, not the most elegant solution but gets around the touchiness of the wireless solution, best of luck mate.
Items
Slydog73 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
Ltpenguin
Shadow General
Points: 2,763, Level: 32 Points: 2,763, Level: 32 Points: 2,763, Level: 32
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 0
gXboxLive Leaderboard: 43rd

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 1 Reached Bot Killer Sig Pimp Master of Order GFX Skilled Play Anything For Achievements 

I love d-Link here is the router i use:
http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=530 = $99 CDN reaches from my basement to the second floor.
Powerline connector:
http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=DHP-307AV = $89 CDN just plug it in by your router and connect Ethernet cable to your router and then plug it in by and connect your Ethernet cable to your xbox. it should work

Last edited by Ltpenguin; 09-02-2011 at 05:55 PM..
Ltpenguin is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
Gun Devil 2
Points: 13,467, Level: 75 Points: 13,467, Level: 75 Points: 13,467, Level: 75
Activity: 93%
Activity: 93% Activity: 93% Activity: 93%

Simon Champion!
Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 6

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter Shadow Master Guide Award Bot Killer Level 50 Committed Winner Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore Donated Committed Challenger Dark General Front Page Writer GFX Skilled Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via AIM to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via MSN to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Skype™ to Gun Devil 2

Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought a Netgear N600 WNDR37AV. My 250Gb XBox still didn't connect down stairs. I hooked up my Xbox slim downstairs and got full signal. I just moved my 250Gb upstairs and then it connected.

I still don't know why the 250GB couldn't detect the new router when the slim did???? Oh well at least I can game on-line now.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I obtain 130K gamer score!
45 days 9 hours 8 minutes
Items User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Handgun
Gun Devil 2 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #8
eddie tubs
Dark General
Points: 3,178, Level: 34 Points: 3,178, Level: 34 Points: 3,178, Level: 34
Activity: 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 5

Awards Showcase
Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 

Thumbs upGreat news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Devil 2 View Post
Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought a Netgear N600 WNDR37AV. My 250Gb XBox still didn't connect down stairs. I hooked up my Xbox slim downstairs and got full signal. I just moved my 250Gb upstairs and then it connected.

I still don't know why the 250GB couldn't detect the new router when the slim did???? Oh well at least I can game on-line now.
Thats great news,nothing worse when your connection is bad i had guys boot me from their friends list because i couldnt stay online long leaving the game to much,glad they did dont want to be on their list if they cant understand i was moving house and having problems with phone company,i sent a few nasty messages their way

XBOX LOOP 2013
Items User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Fat Boy Nuclear Bomb
eddie tubs is offline  Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, question, router

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode