Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Main Topics > Xbox 360 Achievement Guides

Old 06-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
phoenixthreat
Shadow General

Tournaments Won: 1

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 39th

Awards Showcase
EX3A Member Play Anything For Achievements Elite World Solo Challenge Runner-Up USA Team Member 
Total Awards: 6

Default Cabela's Alaskan Adventures

Cabela’s Alaskan Adventures
Time 5-10hrs
Written By Phoenixthreat

Tactics

This game is very linear you will have to play through once on each difficulty (greenhorn, sportsman, and simulation) because they are not stackable most achievements are awarded for shooting and claiming certain animals on certain hunts you will receive these as you play through the game on the various difficulties.

Adventure Mode

On your first play through select greenhorn difficulty (Easy) you have animal radar and the ability to slow time, by pushing left trigger. Only do the 3 main hunts (try to remember where the animals are for use later in simulation mode) and the first fishing challenge for each region.

When you have completed one play through, in the main menu go to Open Season Mode on the same save as first game all the areas should be unlocked. See Open Season mode below.

Note: Do not save over your previous game or you will have to complete another play through to unlock all the areas for open season.

On your second play through select simulation (Hardest) you will not have an animal radar or the ability to “slow time.” Only do the 3 main hunts (just remember where they were on greenhorn) and the first fishing challenge for each region. (just use your GPS in the back button menu to find the area of the fish you are looking for)

On your third play through select sportsman (Harder) you still have animal radar but you do not have the ability to “slow time”. Do every single hunt, every single fishing contest, and everything on the other contest

Greenhorn Difficulty
On greenhorn difficulty you get only three strikes (if you shoot to near a building or you shoot the wrong animal) then the hunt is ended and any animal you claimed will be lost. To avoid this press start before your third strike and quit to outpost and your claimed animal(s) will be saved if you hit restart you will lose any claimed animal.

Polar Bear Award - 10 G
You will get this in the mandatory tutorial on your first play through.

Game Note: You can unlock all fish achievements for each region in the first fishing challenge if you catch the other fish before you catch your last required fish.

Western Artic
Enter the outpost and buy your tags to the main hunts, go to the store and buy all the bullets you can carry and your fishing gear and tackle. Go to locker and equip fishing gear and tackle you will also need to buy and equip some sort of outfit. Getting all this now cuts down on return trips to outpost and wasting of precious time. Now exit outpost. Do all 3 of the main hunts and the first fishing challenge.

Musk Ox Award -10 G
Unlocked when you Complete Main Hunt 1

Caribou Award - 10 G
Unlocked when you complete Main Hunt 2

Yukon Moose Award - 10 G
Unlocked when you complete Main Hunt 3

Artic Char Award - 5 G
Unlocked by completing first fishing challenge

Western Artic Bronze Badge - 25 G

Now go to the Outpost and select “leave” on the far right
Old 06-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
phoenixthreat
Shadow General

Awards Showcase
EX3A Member Play Anything For Achievements Elite World Solo Challenge Runner-Up USA Team Member 

Interior Alaska
Enter the outpost and buy your tags to the 3 main hunts, go to the store and buy all the bullets you can carry and upgrade your ice fishing gear and tackle to spin fishing gear and exit outpost. Do all 3 of the main hunts and the first fishing challenge.

Grizzly Bear Award - 10 G
Unlocked when you complete Main Hunt 1

Bison Award - 10 G

Dall’s Sheep Award - 10 G

Northern Pike Award - 5 G

Interior Alaska Bronze Badge - 25 G

South Central
Enter the outpost and buy your tags to the 3 main hunts, go to the store and buy all the bullets and arrows you can carry and upgrade your spin fishing rod and reel to the ultra spin rod and reel and exit outpost. Do all 3 of the main hunts and the first fishing challenge.

Mountain Goat Award - 10 G
Unlocked when you complete Main Hunt 1

Stone Sheep Award - 10 G

Kodiak Bear Award - 10 G

Sockeye Salmon Award - 5 G

South Central Bronze Badge - 25 G

Southeastern
Enter the outpost and buy your tags to the 3 main hunts, go to the store and buy all the bullets and arrows you can carry and upgrade your spin fishing gear for fly fishing rod and reel and fly fishing tackle and exit outpost. Do all 3 of the main hunts and the first fishing challenge.

Sitka Deer Award - 10 G
Unlocked when you complete main Hunt 1

Grey Wolf Award - 10 G
Unlocked when you complete main Hunt 3

Rainbow Trout Award - 5 G

South Eastern Bronze Badge - 25 G

Now go to the Outpost and select “leave” on the far right. In the main menu select Open Season

Open Season Mode
In each level you start with 2 weapons and 3 animals to kill in each. You must kill 10 animals with each weapon. HINT: you don’t have to kill all three animals in each level only the ones you need and then quit to main menu and the achievement will still unlock

Bow Master - 25 G
Play each of the following levels and select the bow
Cordova - Shoot and claim all three animals
Seward Peninsula - Shoot and claim all three animals
Kodiak Island - Shoot and claim the Kodiak bear and the Sitka deer quit to main menu
Juneau - Shoot and claim the Artic Wolf and the Red Squirrel quit to main menu should unlock

Shotgun Master - 20 G
Play each of the following levels and select the shotgun
North Slope - Shoot and claim all three animals
Sitka - Shoot and claim all three animals
Delta Junction - Shoot and claim all three animals
Koyukuk - Shoot and claim the wolverine and quit to main menu

Rifle Master - 25 G
Play each of the following levels and select the rifle
North Slope - Shoot and claim all three animals
Yukon Delta - Shoot and claim all three animals
Sitka - Shoot and claim all three animals
Seward Peninsula- shoot any of the three and quit to main menu should unlock

Handgun Master - 20 G
Play each of the following levels and select the handgun
Yukon Delta - Shoot and claim all three animals
Cordova - Shoot and claim all three animals
Kuskokwim - Shoot and claim all three animals
Kenai Peninsula - Shoot and claim the Caribou quit to main menu and should unlock
Old 06-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
phoenixthreat
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

Simulation Difficulty

On simulation you have only one strike when it comes to illegal animals and shooting near buildings remember to hit start and quit to outpost as soon as the narrator says something. Do everything you just did on greenhorn difficulty try to remember where all the animals were on your hunts and the following achievements will unlock

TIP: The Quit to Outpost Technique can be used on hunts that require multiple animals (examples the four Grey Wolfs and the four Sitka Deer) to kill one animal, remember where it was, quit to outpost and go back to hunt and you can kill the same one again!

Western Artic Gold Badge - 75 G

Interior Alaska Gold Badge - 75 G

South Central Gold Badge - 75 G

South Eastern Gold Badge - 75 G

Sportsman Difficulty

This is the most time consuming part of the game you must complete all of the main hunts, all of the special hunts, both of the fishing challenges, and the two other challenges (on the board next to the fishing board). On this play through you will unlock the silver and the platinum badges for each region.

Western Artic
Do everything you did on greenhorn and simulation to prepare for and complete the main hunts. Now do the special hunts with the required weapons. and all hunt requirements Now do the first dog sled race, HINT: You don’t have to go as fast as you can (if you do the sled will fall apart before the halfway mark and you have to start over ), just two presses of the A button is enough to get you through don’t worry about the time just as long as you finish is all that is required. On the second race you can speed up to full speed but not for to long hit the X button a couple of times to slow down when the dog’s fatigue bar is about half way and resume full speed when it goes back up to full and you should beat the clock. Now do both the fishing challenges. Do all this and you should unlock the following achievements:

Silver Salmon Award - 5 G
Unlocked by completing second fishing challenge

Artic Wolf Award
Unlocked by Completing Special Hunt 3

Western Artic Silver Badge - 50 G

Western Artic Platinum Medal - 25 G

Interior Alaska
Do everything you did on greenhorn and simulation to prepare for and complete the main hunts. Now do the special hunts with the required weapons and all hunt requirements. Now do the first waterfowl shooting contest you must score a minimum of 2800 points. Now do the second waterfowl shooting contest again the minimum is 2800 and you must shoot against the clock. Now do both of the fishing contests. Do all this and you should unlock the following achievements:
Dolly Varden Award - 5 G
Unlocked by completing the second fishing challenge.

Lake Trout Award - 5 G

Interior Alaska Silver Badge - 50 G

Interior Alaska Platinum Medal - 25 G

South Central
Do everything you did on greenhorn and simulation to prepare for and complete the main hunts. Now do the special hunts with the required weapons and all hunt requirements. Now do the first bird shooting contest and score at least 500 points and then do the second and score 500 points against the clock. Now do both the fishing contests. Do all this and you should unlock the following achievements:

King Salmon Award - 5 G

Black Bear Award - 10 G
Unlocked by completing special hunt 5

Bear Buster Award - 10 G
If you have not unlocked this by accident this is where you should unlock it in this region by doing Special hunts 2,5, and 6

South Central Silver Badge - 50 G

South Central Platinum Medal - 25 G

Southeastern
Do everything you did on greenhorn and simulation to prepare for and complete the main hunts. Now do the special hunts with the required weapons and all hunt requirements. Now do the shooting marathon contest, just blast every animal as it comes at you minimum score of 730. Same in the second but against a clock. Now do both the fishing contests. Do all this and you should unlock the following achievements:

Artic Grayling - 5 G

Cutthroat Trout Award - 5 G

Roosevelt Elk award - 10 G
Unlocked by completing special hunt 1

South Eastern Silver Badge - 50 G

South Eastern Platinum Award - 25 G
Old 06-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 3

Superb guide there phoenixthreat! Nice road map.

Quit to outpost technique is a great little tip. Wonder if it works somehow on the other Cabela's games.

Will post up on main site.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3807 days 1 hours 36 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
IRELAND NO 1
Master of Visions

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 1

Smile You only have to play game 1 time not 3

I got this game ages ago played it 1st time other day found that you only have to play 1 time on greenhorn NOT 3 PLAYTHROUGHS thats it to get all cheevos.
When you do first level on greenhorn complete all hunts i also did fishing 1st one dont know if that makes a difference. DO NOT TRAVEL TO NEXT AREA!!! save game and quit to main menu.
Then go to open season pick 1 tag thats 1 animal pick the 1st one you can remember where it is go on sportsman difficulty get i shot i kill then cheevo pops then do simulation i shot i kill you will get chjeevo 50g & 75g for each 1.
Just rinse and repeat for each level make sure you DO NOT MOVE TO NEW AREA go to open season after you complete level, makes a crap game ok for easy points saves a few hours of gameplay hope it helps if this does not make sense just post any questions i will clear up anything if i can.
Now i will probably finish this crap ASAP.....
IRELAND NO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
phoenixthreat
Shadow General

Awards Showcase

Well tha'ts nice to know now hmph
Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
IRELAND NO 1
Master of Visions

Awards Showcase

Smile

Sorry pheonix you had to find out after the guide maybe you should update it now for the competition for easy points.
I can confirm 100% it will work used it again today just do 3 main hunts and 1st fishing challenge on greenhorn save and exit do not go to new area go to main menu then open season pick 1 tag on sportsman kill it 50g then repeat on simulation 75g do this for each location.
Then just mop up other kills on greenhorn in open season.
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #8
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRELAND NO 1 View Post
Sorry pheonix you had to find out after the guide maybe you should update it now for the competition for easy points.
I can confirm 100% it will work used it again today just do 3 main hunts and 1st fishing challenge on greenhorn save and exit do not go to new area go to main menu then open season pick 1 tag on sportsman kill it 50g then repeat on simulation 75g do this for each location.
Then just mop up other kills on greenhorn in open season.
Phoenix is it OK if I add this to the main guide on site?

IRELAND NO 1 I will need to tidy up the explanation if you don't mind.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3807 days 1 hours 36 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #9
IRELAND NO 1
Master of Visions

Awards Showcase

lol Slam yeah sorry about the description it made sense in my head if you can get what I was saying just change it around to make it work, if you play the game it will be obvious.
Should help a few of the guys n gals to rack up some easy points for the comp
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode