Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Default Darksiders II

I agree the way it initially loads the game is great, but almost every other way it handles loading is poorly thought out.

In Darksiders, once you'd loaded the game, I'm pretty sure the only loading screens were when you died, or skipped a cutscene. They even had that little serpent tunnels or whatever to prevent loading screens when fast travelling.

In Darksiders II, if I'm in the Kingdom of the Dead and get a quest to go to The Forge Lands, I have to sit through THREE loading screens, with a few seconds gameplay in between. If you're going to chuck a loading screen up when I fast travel, why can't I just fast travel straight to a location on another world?

Otherwise, it's a pretty great game, but still not much in the way of replay value.
Items
Re: Darksiders II
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Blain
Administrator
Points: 14,877, Level: 79 Points: 14,877, Level: 79 Points: 14,877, Level: 79
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Blain's Flag is: England

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 50

Awards Showcase
 Membership Level 3 Reached   Bot Hunter Bot Killer Shadow Lord Level 50 Guide Award Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Sig Pimp GFX Skilled 300K Gamerscore Shadow Master Official Motto Provider 250K Gamerscore 200K Gamerscore Dark General EU Captain 100K Gamerscore Master of Order 
Total Awards: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxgames View Post
I agree the way it initially loads the game is great, but almost every other way it handles loading is poorly thought out.

In Darksiders, once you'd loaded the game, I'm pretty sure the only loading screens were when you died, or skipped a cutscene. They even had that little serpent tunnels or whatever to prevent loading screens when fast travelling.

In Darksiders II, if I'm in the Kingdom of the Dead and get a quest to go to The Forge Lands, I have to sit through THREE loading screens, with a few seconds gameplay in between. If you're going to chuck a loading screen up when I fast travel, why can't I just fast travel straight to a location on another world?

Otherwise, it's a pretty great game, but still not much in the way of replay value.
Bot or not...what in the holy hellllll sort of grammar is this?, they remind me of old Chinese proverbs you gotta love these posts really, or should i say 'really posts gotta love'

Items User owns 1x Champion Arcade Machine
Post Thanks / Like
eddie tubs liked this post

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode