Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Main Topics > Xbox 360 Games

Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
johnnyreid6
Master of Order

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Master of Order Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 4

Exclamation Question for MW2 boosters???

Ok, there has been a bit of heated debate over the last week regarding people boosting in MW2, i think most people here know my view on this and personally i can not stand people boosting in competitive games on live and think they should be banned because it is getting a big problem in general.

There are no achievements what so ever in boosting online in this game, so for the life of me i really can not understand why you would want to do it.
Fair enough if there were achievements (were all here for easy achievements) then its open game for it.

So my question is for the people who are actively boosting and who want to boost this game (mainly you pepe)

Q; why exactly do you feel the need to boost this game?
(please try and give a good explanation, because when i try to question these guys online doing it, all i get is abuse etc)
I just wanna try and understand why people feel the need to ruin one of the best online multiplayer games ever created and why you cant gain xp, challenges, rank etc legit.

I dont wanna get into a flame war over this, i just want someone to give me a reasonable answer although i really cant see there being one.

johnnyreid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
CovertPimpSloth
Dark General

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Staff Writer Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 8

Well I don't boost online but all in all the concept is the same as achievements. We here play terrible terrible boring games to get achievements. The achievements are ultimately to make us feel better and to try and make other people envy our godliness. However as soon as people look at out played games they think we are loosers just like u think that pepe is a looser for boosting mw2. This then means that instead of getting achievements these people like ranking up and getting the ingame achievements instead. Which is perfectly reasonable if you ask me. People can do wht they want. Secondly this doesn't interfere with the online. All of the booster use 3rd person cadge match. If you were to do it in public matches how would u talk to your boosting buddy. So unless u actualy want to play 3rd person cadge match and are having trouble finding a game. I don't see how it effects u in the slightest.

My Awards:
CovertPimpSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
johnnyreid6
Master of Order

Awards Showcase

dunno if you read my previous posts in other threads, but people are boosting in ffa and tdm on a regular basis. you dont need to be able to speak to someone if its already arranged. I couldnt care less about 3rd person cage match boosting because it does not affect anyone except the boosters.
My anger towards this, is that i continuosly find my self narrowly losing ffa matches because it turns out 2 people are taking turns to boost for nukes etc, therefore making it extremly difficult to win games legit and if you play ffa frequently then you would see this too. Its especially noticable when you see the results screen and someone wins with 30kills and 0 deaths and the bottom person has 0 kills and 30 deaths.

So i ask again, is this your idea of fair boosting and if it is WHY? because as far as i can tell its cheating and just goes to show you up as not being good enough to actually play the game to a decent level- and if thats the case, then clearly MW2 is not a game you should be playing.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
CovertPimpSloth
Dark General

Awards Showcase

well ive played free for all alot and ive never seen this. but yeah this is just straight up cheating. but people like pepe arent asking about this. and becuase this is a site which has a forum. he is entitled to ask these sorts of questions and shouldnt see abuse for his actions.

My Awards:
Old 12-11-2009, 05:34 AM   #5
supermum135
Shadow General

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 36th

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Master of Order 20K Club Inter-site Team Challenge Champion 
Total Awards: 9

well if pepe wasnt rude to people then he would not be getting rude comments back just check his posts out

people are quite open about boosting in tdm games as they go in corners and sit there shooting each other ggrrrr

Last edited by supermum135; 12-11-2009 at 05:47 AM..
supermum135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
CovertPimpSloth
Dark General

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermum135 View Post
well if pepe wasnt rude to people then he would not be getting rude comments back just check his posts out

people are quite open about boosting in tdm games as they go in corners and sit there shooting each other ggrrrr
how exactly has PEPE ever been rude. if anything all ive seen is him asking questions and other members being rude back. its ok to state your opinion but honestly if hes asking how to boost (privately) then why get into a heated argument about your opinion of boosting this game in general even though hes probably not a part of that.
Its a bit ridiculous.

My Awards:
Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
johnnyreid6
Master of Order

Awards Showcase

i think supermum is referring to a previous post of pepe's, when he called her "SOME GUY"

Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
YouStayClassy
Master of Order

Awards Showcase
Guide Award Master of Order Achievement Guide Competition Winner Elite World Solo Challenge Runner-Up 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via Yahoo to YouStayClassy

Why would it be okay to boost if the game had actual achievements as opposed to the in-game achievements of XP, challenges, rank, perks, etc etc etc? I don't see how one intangible form of achievements makes it acceptable over another.

Personally, I could care less what people do online in that game since it is basically the epitome of why I hate Xbox Live, but it's not like there's a shortage of legit games to find if you have issues with it.

YouStayClassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
Trippster
Master of Order

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 81st

Awards Showcase
Master of Order 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Trippster Send a message via Yahoo to Trippster
Default gamerscore vs rank

if rank is something to look better then what is gamerscore? pretty much the same thing. just to show off.

i asked a simple question i just wanted a simple answer.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #10
johnnyreid6
Master of Order

Awards Showcase

because by boosting achievements, you are not affecting anyone except yourself and you are doing as the game requires to unlock the achievement. Your not cheating anyone except the game for the achievement.

MW2 boosting is cheating other people!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode