Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Main Topics > Xbox 360 General Discussion

Old 04-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
New Found Terror
Master of Visions

Awards Showcase
Winner EX3A Member Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 3

DefaultBlack screen of death!

So has anyone here had the good grace of experiencing the black screen of death! So I was playing some Army of Two coop with my friend and just before I called it a night I noticed that red was bleeding into all my other colors in the screen. I thought maybe it was on to long so I turned it off. Went to go back and turn it on After a while and now all I got was pixels. So kinda like when I experienced my red ring on my old box my jaw drooped and my heart sunk. OK I said and went to bed tossing and turnning all night. I was pleasantly woken up by my son this morning and remembered my box and that it wasn't all a bad dream. So I got him feed and him an my wife were off to go shopping. Cool its doctor time with the box. I go to turn it on this time and now all I get is my green light and sound, no picture at all.... only the black screen! So I try to reset everything, off then on an hold down the RT and Y buttons to reset the video settings. Still no go.. now I get a new HDMI cable (oh yeah I have an elite) and still no go. Use a different port, change settings on the TV and still nothing! Go online and find out that the red ring fix is a cure for this problem to! So its off to the table and time to dissect the box. So I open it up and what do I find... that heat paste is melted all over my board. So I clean it up and put new stuff on it, put it back together and cross my fingers. AAAAAAWWWWW YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHH! I'm back baby! So nice I was able time fix this myself. I think they don't warranty the black screen but I could be wrong. But 1h is better then 2-4 weeks without my box nnnooooo! So if anyone else has this problem try the red ring fix and you'll be golden!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Dooney
Slightly lower than Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member UK Captain 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Found Terror View Post
So has anyone here had the good grace of experiencing the black screen of death! So I was playing some Army of Two coop with my friend and just before I called it a night I noticed that red was bleeding into all my other colors in the screen. I thought maybe it was on to long so I turned it off. Went to go back and turn it on After a while and now all I got was pixels. So kinda like when I experienced my red ring on my old box my jaw drooped and my heart sunk. OK I said and went to bed tossing and turnning all night. I was pleasantly woken up by my son this morning and remembered my box and that it wasn't all a bad dream. So I got him feed and him an my wife were off to go shopping. Cool its doctor time with the box. I go to turn it on this time and now all I get is my green light and sound, no picture at all.... only the black screen! So I try to reset everything, off then on an hold down the RT and Y buttons to reset the video settings. Still no go.. now I get a new HDMI cable (oh yeah I have an elite) and still no go. Use a different port, change settings on the TV and still nothing! Go online and find out that the red ring fix is a cure for this problem to! So its off to the table and time to dissect the box. So I open it up and what do I find... that heat paste is melted all over my board. So I clean it up and put new stuff on it, put it back together and cross my fingers. AAAAAAWWWWW YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHH! I'm back baby! So nice I was able time fix this myself. I think they don't warranty the black screen but I could be wrong. But 1h is better then 2-4 weeks without my box nnnooooo! So if anyone else has this problem try the red ring fix and you'll be golden!
Sounds very much like the GPU soldering, i have repaired a few with "Black Screen" its basically the same as RROD without the error itself.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
IRELAND NO 1
Master of Visions

Awards Showcase
100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 2

Smile

I am currently on my 3rd 360 Now I have an elite Friday night turned it on red ring of death again, 4th quadrant aggggggh. Screen error 73 so I said no way am I Waiting a few weeks for this again so I did a google For vid got on
youtube nothing to lose so followed vid put 2 matchsticks in back to stop fans Make it overheat in about 2 mins 4 red lights pulled out leads turn on again woooohooo! It worked took 5 mins max.
Some txt popped up when it came on about not letting your xbox overheat lol... Yeah right.
IRELAND NO 1 is offline  Reply With Quote

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode