Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Main Topics > Xbox 360 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
Dooney
Dr Hammer
Points: 11,013, Level: 69 Points: 11,013, Level: 69 Points: 11,013, Level: 69
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Awards Showcase
Bot Killer 200K Gamerscore Shadow Lord Donated Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Front Page Writer Level 50 Guide Award Double Agent Shadow Master Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member UK Captain Dark General 100K Gamerscore Master of Order 
Total Awards: 18

DefaultSpring 2011 Dashboard Update Inbound

Well not long to wait until the next Dashboard update is upon us.

Official Forum Motto : Is it easy points thats all i need to know.
Items User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Handgun User owns 1x Pump Shotgun User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot
Old 05-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Dooney
Dr Hammer

Awards Showcase
Bot Killer 200K Gamerscore Shadow Lord Donated Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Front Page Writer Level 50 Guide Award Double Agent Shadow Master Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member UK Captain Dark General 100K Gamerscore Master of Order 

Woops seems to be a slight problem for some people !!

You may have heard of Microsoft’s new Xbox 360 disc format and an upcoming firmware update to add support for it, but you may be one of those Xbox 360 owners whose system doesn't support it. The new XGD3 disc standard adds an additional 1GB of useable data to 360 DVDs, but a small number of Xbox 360 systems are having trouble supporting it.

According to Kotaku one beta tester owned such a system, and Microsoft rectified the situation by giving him a new system and a year's worth of Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft has not commented on the story, so this generosity could just be an isolated incident.

"Checking my e-mail earlier today I found a rather interesting message from Xbox Customer Support, saying that a software update is stopping some Xbox 360s from reading game discs," said beta tester Avery Penn.

"Saying they were able to detect this issue over Xbox Live, Microsoft went on to say that, after jumping through all the necessary hoops, they'd send me a brand new Xbox 360 S and a year's free Xbox Live. At this point, my jaw hit the floor."

Avery claims that his Xbox 360 (an Xbox 360 60GB Pro from 2009) was still playing discs at the time the email was sent.

Besides adding support for the new format, the firmware update adds a whole new layer of anti-piracy protection - much to the chagrin of pirates everywhere. It makes it a lot more difficult to use pirated software burned to a DVD, according to several sources. Other reports indicate that Microsoft is asking developers to help them in the fight against piracy, and is working on a number of new API's that make it harder to run stolen software on the platform.

It seems like Microsoft might be willing to spend the extra money it takes to help users get by any disc format compatibilities, because it isn't really about the disc format at all; it is about dealing with piracy.

[Source]

Items User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Handgun User owns 1x Pump Shotgun User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Dooney
Dr Hammer

Awards Showcase

hmmm confusion, or track covering...

May 18th 2011 12:46 pm PST
Clearing up some confusion

Clarification time! The console replacement plan that is the subject of some of today’s headlines is related to a previous update, NOT the system update that has been in public beta and will be deployed shortly.

The new disc format that is part of the beta has been rigorously tested across all Xbox 360 models and there are no known compatibility issues.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Xbox 360 By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

[Source]

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Ltpenguin
Shadow General
Points: 2,521, Level: 30 Points: 2,521, Level: 30 Points: 2,521, Level: 30
Activity: 39%
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 49th

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 1 Reached Bot Killer Sig Pimp Master of Order GFX Skilled Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 6

Thanks doon very interesting :O i didn't know xbox had problems with piracy.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
Dooney
Dr Hammer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltpenguin View Post
Thanks doon very interesting :O i didn't know xbox had problems with piracy.
lol, only 1 or 2...

Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
IRELAND NO 1
Points: 5,248, Level: 46 Points: 5,248, Level: 46 Points: 5,248, Level: 46
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Awards Showcase
Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 9

Exclamation

Lol every single 360 game is up within hours of release sometimes before release. I personally have no sympathy for anybody who has a flashed xbox, who is using pirated games gets caught banned and gets reset!

I do know a few people who use pirated games it happens. I remember when i was in Asia on holiday few times, they used to sell pirated games everywhere for $2 to $5 each. All of them even looked legit it is a massive trade worldwide but mostly just shared online, so they have to tackle it one way or another

My Countdown Counting down to: When i finally grow up!
3031 days 16 hours 42 minutes
Items User owns 1x Fat Boy Nuclear Bomb User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Champion Arcade Machine User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90
Closed Thread

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode