If we are going all the way lets do it right - Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums

Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Head Office > Suggestions & Feedback
Register Challenges FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Experience

Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
whttrashtheman
Super Moderator
Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Tournaments Joined: 7
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 6

Awards Showcase
Bot Killer Membership Level 3 Reached 250K Gamerscore Winner Staff Tango Member Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Donated Addicted Challenger Level 50 200K Gamerscore Call Of Duty Black Ops Challenge Runner-Up Dark General Super Elite Solo Challenge Runner-up Winner EX3A Captain Play Anything For Achievements Elite World Solo Challenge Winner Winner 100K Gamerscore EX3A Captain USA Team Member USA Team MVP USA Team Member USA Captain 
Total Awards: 26

Default If we are going all the way lets do it right

So if we are now going to include windows phones and PC action, which i am all for. I say we go all the way and add a Japanese Section and a PAL section so we can get that going as well. Let's try to add more of the functionality of some of the other sites that we all use as resources and make this more of a complete achievements one stop shop here. We don't need to reinvent the wheel, I think we should contact people that made the Japanese Guides and see if we can get permission to get them posted here as well. The we can add many more games from PAL/NTSC-J systems to the easy games list. I also think that we should just be asking more people who have posted guides, for games we do not have guides for, on other sites for permission to post them here as well so we can get more going on and have more info on the site as a whole. I think we should categorize all games into our list as well and make more sections so they are all not too cluttered. For example an under 3 hour games section, then a under 5, then under 8, and under 10, then under 15..etc. Also we should put all the arcades and WP games in their own under X amount of time section. Most all of this info is available on other sites, we just need to take the time and compile it here as well to make our site more efficient and useful on the whole.
I will get on some things myself, like getting the discontinued section of the site updated. I think we could use another GS contest sooner than later as well. Plus I am going to try to be on the Achievement Hounds Podcast again in the next few weeks to do even more site promotion. (and maybe a tournament if we can get something going)
We got a lot of new mods and a great community lets get to work on improving the site and making it more relevant and useful to the gaming world as a whole. Lets try to make this the first source everyone checks and not the last.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Dooney
Dr Hammer
Points: 19,631, Level: 88 Points: 19,631, Level: 88 Points: 19,631, Level: 88
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 90
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 151

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 3 Reached   Winner Staff Tango Member  Dark Lord Bot Hunter Bot Killer 200K Gamerscore Shadow Lord Donated Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Front Page Writer Level 50 Guide Award Double Agent Shadow Master Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member UK Captain Dark General 100K Gamerscore 

If we ask Jack nicely, A360P have some guides / useful info over there still.

Jack? can we use material with credit to originator?

The current layout was designed to be easy to view (especially for phones) with sub forums to clear up some of the length, but am open to suggestions if we are going to include Jap etc on how best to lay out.

Also i presume we would take the x360a format in game completion times (ie under 5 hrs etc) with a link to the guides?

If we can get some initial ideas together for tomorrow i`ll try and get something in place.

Official Forum Motto : Is it easy points thats all i need to know.
Items User owns 1x Handgun User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Pump Shotgun User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot
Re: If we are going all the way lets do it right
Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
xfactorhatesu
Shadow General
Points: 4,932, Level: 44 Points: 4,932, Level: 44 Points: 4,932, Level: 44
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 39
Xbox Live Leaderboard: 7th

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Membership Level 3 Reached 200K Gamerscore Alpha Team Member       Play Anything For Achievements Addicted Challenger 100K Gamerscore 
Total Awards: 14

Trash brings up many good points. I think if that's the direction we as site need to go lets just invest and do it all out. I like the idea of breaking out completion times a little more, might bring a little more appeal to outsiders. If we do another comp maybe set it a month or so out and try and drum up some new members to bring into it and the forums. Front page it so anyone coming to the site would see it and hopefully want to get involved. Just my two cents.
Items
Post Thanks / Like
New Found Terror liked this post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Dooney
Dr Hammer

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 3 Reached   Winner Staff Tango Member  Dark Lord Bot Hunter Bot Killer 200K Gamerscore Shadow Lord Donated Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Front Page Writer Level 50 Guide Award Double Agent Shadow Master Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member UK Captain Dark General 100K Gamerscore 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactorhatesu View Post
Front page it so anyone coming to the site would see it and hopefully want to get involved. Just my two cents.
For those not aware, the front page will soon be gone as we know it. Only the site owner has access, so the focus needs to be on the forum.

Items User owns 1x Handgun User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Pump Shotgun User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Peacemaker Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot
Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
eddie tubs
Super Moderator
Points: 6,402, Level: 52 Points: 6,402, Level: 52 Points: 6,402, Level: 52

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 37
Thanks (Received): 103
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 121

Awards Showcase
 Level 50 Membership Level 1 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Staff Writer Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 13

If it helps guys towards world domination,i dont mind adding arcade and jap games to the completion stats,it would have to be in moderation to give me time to add all the back games,but going forward we would be catering for everyone
Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Dooney
Dr Hammer

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

I have no objections to any of these, just need some agreement on how the layout should be since it may take a little time to build the structure.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
eddie tubs
Super Moderator
Points: 6,402, Level: 52 Points: 6,402, Level: 52 Points: 6,402, Level: 52

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 37
Thanks (Received): 103
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 121

Awards Showcase
 Level 50 Membership Level 1 Reached Winner Staff Tango Member  Staff Writer Bot Hunter Front Page Writer Dark General Master of Order Bot Killer Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 13

Guys can we all submit what way it should go so we can agree and get started,
As far as the completion section is concerned i think the current template is perfect,i dont think we should change much just add jap and arcade in the current layout but it would be best maybe to keep it away from the main tittles,because it could get messy mixing them all together im sure doons will know the best layout,members can just request the game they want added then i can get to work,if this works we could use the same format for the guides,while i think its a great idea,people submitting guides is very slow on the site and asking them to submit jap guides could be a struggle but we wont know if we dont ask so we need a list of main contacts from sister sites so we can get the ball rolling.so if anyone has anymore info let it flow
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
New Found Terror
Points: 8,111, Level: 60 Points: 8,111, Level: 60 Points: 8,111, Level: 60
Activity: 91%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

New Found Terror's Flag is: United States

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 32

Awards Showcase
Membership Level 3 Reached Bravo Team Member Bot Hunter Level 50 Bot Killer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Guide Award Dark General Donated Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Committed Challenger 100K Gamerscore Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
I have no objections to any of these, just need some agreement on how the layout should be since it may take a little time to build the structure.
Im also on board with what ever you guys want to do.

Like Eddie said maybe just have 3 sections. One for Arcade, one for retail and one for jap games? Then a sub sections for the times they take?

100% completion
Retail = 78
Arcade = 7
Items User owns 1x M-16 User owns 1x Handgun
Old 06-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
acedawg4
Dark General
Points: 5,738, Level: 48 Points: 5,738, Level: 48 Points: 5,738, Level: 48
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

acedawg4's Flag is: United States

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 7

Awards Showcase
200K Gamerscore 250K Gamerscore Bravo Team Member Donated Membership Level 2 Reached Membership Level 1 Reached Addicted Challenger Dark General 100K Gamerscore Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 11

Oh Yes!!! This is what Ive been saying for a while now.....lol Im in it for the WP7 & PAL & JAP sections! I can help in any way I can......
Items User owns 1x Fat Boy Nuclear Bomb User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Battle Tank
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
Dooney
Dr Hammer

Post Thanks / Like

Awards Showcase

Japanese guide section added.

Ok i think thats what we had in mind, let me know if this is how you guys wanted it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode