Go Back   Easy Xbox 360 Achievements Forums > Main Topics > Xbox 360 General Discussion

Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
XxB3asti3xX
Shadow General

Moon Lander Champion!

Awards Showcase
Winner EX3A Member USA Team Member Master of Order 
Total Awards: 5

Default Problem with HDMI

So I got my new TV which is a Scott 32" I went out and bought an HDMI cable, come home hook it up, put the Tv on the HDMI input station, and can not get a signal. I thought it may just have been a bad cable I bought so I returned it and got a MadCatz cable designed specificly for the 360 and am still getting the same result. The console turns on with the controller but will never actually connect to the controller. What could my problem be? I saw somewhere that it may be my TV is not HDCP compliant but I am not to firmiliar with what that means or how to determine if it is or not.

If it helps the model of the TV is a LCT32SHA

I could not find specs on it anywhere.

XxB3asti3xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
Slam Da Brakes
Vulcan High Command

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Winner EX3A Member 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB3asti3xX View Post
So I got my new TV which is a Scott 32" I went out and bought an HDMI cable, come home hook it up, put the Tv on the HDMI input station, and can not get a signal.
This happened to me once.

First make sure (I am sure you have) is plugged in securely. I made this mistake a few times.

Try a normal composite cable or another input first to see if there is a problem with the TV.

HDCP is just content protection but you should get an error message not a black screen with no signal if it is not HDCP compatible.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I feel pain..
3801 days 12 hours 23 minutes
Slam Da Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
XxB3asti3xX
Shadow General

Moon Lander Champion!

Awards Showcase
Winner EX3A Member USA Team Member Master of Order 
Total Awards: 5

Thanks for the help but I think I have found it is the TV. One site had around 200 negative reviews and an overall 1 of 5 stars. I also took my console and the same cable to a friends house down the street and it worked with no problem.

Oh well guess I cant complain when the TV is free. even without HD its better than my old set.

XxB3asti3xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
phoenixthreat
Shadow General

Tournaments Won: 1

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 38th

Awards Showcase
EX3A Member Play Anything For Achievements Elite World Solo Challenge Runner-Up USA Team Member 
Total Awards: 6

When I bought my 32" and my elite the first time I hooked them up I had the same problem with my hdmi connection however the next day it worked fine the only problem now is everytime i turn on my xbox the date and time reset to Nov 22 2005 6am?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
A Pluto Native
Adept

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 79th

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB3asti3xX View Post
Thanks for the help but I think I have found it is the TV. One site had around 200 negative reviews and an overall 1 of 5 stars. I also took my console and the same cable to a friends house down the street and it worked with no problem.

Oh well guess I cant complain when the TV is free. even without HD its better than my old set.
Use a component cable and go into display settings then set it up to 720p. Component cables are about the same price as HDMI and it will look just as well. Sorry bout the TV, though. Must be a bummer.
A Pluto Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
Roachanold
Shadow General

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 54th

Awards Showcase
Play Anything For Achievements Sig Of The Week 2 Master of Order 
Total Awards: 3

One other thing to note here was a problem I used to have when moving my Xbox between TVs. The problem I found was caused by some (older) HDTVs not displaying 1080p output. Therefore you have to return your TV to an 1080p compliant set and reduce the resolution down to 720-1080i; then you can try it again with the TV you were initially trying to work it on.

An alternative fix, if your can't do the above step, is to call someone who has an Xbox and get them to shout out instructions in how to reach this menu 'blind' (right 6 times, down 2 times, press a, etc etc). As long as you can hear your Xbox 'blooping' then you will be able to do this.

I don't think that this is the problem that B3asti3 had, but is here for future reference in case anyone else thinks their TV/Xbox is playing up.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
kooroe
Adept

gXboxLive Leaderboard: 86th

I have a sony bravo. if you turn the TV on the off then back on the hdmi ports will not working for a short time period. does the same if the power goes out. Just have to want for the TV to cool down about 20 mins or so and they work again.
kooroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode