Slydog73
Shadow General
Points: 3,510, Level: 37 Points: 3,510, Level: 37 Points: 3,510, Level: 37
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Awards Showcase
100K Gamerscore Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner Guide Award Bot Killer Master of Order Membership Level 1 Reached Donated 
Total Awards: 7

DefaultRIP Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011

Sadly Steve Jobs passed away from a long fought battle with pancreatic cancer, it is staggering to think what impact this man had on the world and the hole he leaves behind for his family, colleagues and competitors

If we could all make even a fraction of a difference to the world in the same manner as this man did, what a place it would be
Items
Slydog73 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #2
buttoon
Shadow Master
Points: 6,711, Level: 53 Points: 6,711, Level: 53 Points: 6,711, Level: 53
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 1

Awards Showcase
Level 50 Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner 250K Gamerscore Bot Killer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Dark General 20K Club Bracket Champion Addicted Winner Addicted Challenger 200K Gamerscore Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydog73 View Post
Sadly Steve Jobs passed away from a long fought battle with pancreatic cancer, it is staggering to think what impact this man had on the world and the hole he leaves behind for his family, colleagues and competitors

If we could all make even a fraction of a difference to the world in the same manner as this man did, what a place it would be
not meaning to disrespect the guy but if we all made the difference he did in the world then everything wud be a white overpriced piece of crap lol....

He for me was one of the best con men who ever lived.... got people to buy inferior products for x4 the price... genius....

Items
buttoon is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #3
IRELAND NO 1
Points: 5,686, Level: 48 Points: 5,686, Level: 48 Points: 5,686, Level: 48
Activity: 85%
Activity: 85% Activity: 85% Activity: 85%

Awards Showcase
Shadow Lord Shadow Master Bot Killer Membership Level 2 Reached Donated Membership Level 1 Reached Dark General Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 10

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoon View Post
not meaning to disrespect the guy but if we all made the difference he did in the world then everything wud be a white overpriced piece of crap lol....

He for me was one of the best con men who ever lived.... got people to buy inferior products for x4 the price... genius....
Jeez Buttoon who got out of he wrong Side of the bed, I know you don't like Apple products but nobody can ever deny what he invented and technology he brought forward!

I personally think the guy was a genius you think back 10 years ago, did you ever think an iPhone would even exist what it can actually do now a mini computer camera music device and an the iPad? They were always 2 steps ahead of the competition!

My Countdown Counting down to: When i finally grow up!
3006 days 22 hours 2 minutes
Items User owns 1x Fat Boy Nuclear Bomb User owns 1x AK47 User owns 1x Champion Arcade Machine User owns 1x Intercontinental Ballistic Missile User owns 1x Battle Tank User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90
IRELAND NO 1 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #4
Gun Devil 2
Points: 11,702, Level: 71 Points: 11,702, Level: 71 Points: 11,702, Level: 71
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Simon Champion!
Tournaments Joined: 2

Awards Showcase
Guide Award Bot Killer Level 50 Committed Winner Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore Donated Committed Challenger Dark General Front Page Writer GFX Skilled Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via AIM to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via MSN to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Skype™ to Gun Devil 2

I agree with buttoon. He was a great inventor but he did scrape the bottom of everyone's pockets. I have respect for the man for what he invented but not the way he sold it. Every inventor should make a profit off of there great ideas but some go to far. IMO.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I obtain 130K gamer score!
84 days 22 hours 1 minutes
Items User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Handgun
Gun Devil 2 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #5
buttoon
Shadow Master
Points: 6,711, Level: 53 Points: 6,711, Level: 53 Points: 6,711, Level: 53
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Tournaments Joined: 1

Awards Showcase
Level 50 Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner 250K Gamerscore Bot Killer Achievement Guide Competition Winner Dark General 20K Club Bracket Champion Addicted Winner Addicted Challenger 200K Gamerscore Master of Order 100K Gamerscore Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Devil 2 View Post
I agree with buttoon. He was a great inventor but he did scrape the bottom of everyone's pockets. I have respect for the man for what he invented but not the way he sold it. Every inventor should make a profit off of there great ideas but some go to far. IMO.
Word.....

And also HTC were already well on their way to making all that stuff on a phone, at a fraction of the price...

Im not a fan of apple products this is true, mainly because i dont like the fact people are getting ripped due to an apple logo and advertisement... little do they know that most apple stuff is waaaaaaaayyyyy inferior to most equivalent products you can buy for atleast half the price...

Daylight robbery!

Also omg dont even get me started on the ipad lol.... tablets are totally pointless lol they are the size of a laptop so why not get a thin laptop. It will do more than a tablet and do it better for a fraction of the price... I wish i could snap all ipads lol....

Items
buttoon is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #6
Nwehrman11
Dark General
Points: 11,492, Level: 70 Points: 11,492, Level: 70 Points: 11,492, Level: 70
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Ms Pacman Champion!
Tournaments Joined: 3

Awards Showcase
Dark General Noob Challenger Gold Guide Award Master of Order Call Of Duty Black Ops Challenge Winner Level 50 Guide Award 

All of you complaining about the price of Apple items, that is fine, they are relatively expensive I can't deny that, but if you can't afford them, don't buy them. Simple as that. If you say something else can do the exact same stuff only better, then buy the other thing. There is obviously a reason people spend the extra bucks on Apple items, or it wouldn't be such a huge, wealthy company.

Call of Duty completion goal:

Call of Duty Classic: 0/200 (Haven't purchased yet)
Call of duty 2: 1000/1000
Call of duty 3: 0/1000
Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare: 1000/1000
Call of duty 5: World at War: 325/1000
Call of duty 6: Modern Warfare 2: 1000/1000
Call of duty 7: Black Ops: 950/1000
Items User owns 1x 1600 MS Points
Nwehrman11 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #7
Gun Devil 2
Points: 11,702, Level: 71 Points: 11,702, Level: 71 Points: 11,702, Level: 71
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Simon Champion!
Tournaments Joined: 2

Awards Showcase
Guide Award Bot Killer Level 50 Committed Winner Membership Level 1 Reached 100K Gamerscore Donated Committed Challenger Dark General Front Page Writer GFX Skilled Master of Order Play Anything For Achievements 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via AIM to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via MSN to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Devil 2 Send a message via Skype™ to Gun Devil 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwehrman11 View Post
All of you complaining about the price of Apple items, that is fine, they are relatively expensive I can't deny that, but if you can't afford them, don't buy them. Simple as that. If you say something else can do the exact same stuff only better, then buy the other thing. There is obviously a reason people spend the extra bucks on Apple items, or it wouldn't be such a huge, wealthy company.
Again this is my opinion and I can afford apple products. The only reason people buy Apple products is because they have the cool factor. They have been able to sell their products because younger consumers think they're cool not because they are the better products. It is one thing to invent something to better the world or peoples lives but that can be overshadowed by charging twice what a product should go for.

My Countdown Counting down to: Until I obtain 130K gamer score!
84 days 22 hours 1 minutes
Items User owns 1x Desert Tank User owns 1x Battle Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Evil Cyborg Robot User owns 1x Titan Cyborg Robot User owns 1x P90 User owns 1x Mini Uzi User owns 1x Handgun
Gun Devil 2 is offline  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27 AM   #8
Slydog73
Shadow General
Points: 3,510, Level: 37 Points: 3,510, Level: 37 Points: 3,510, Level: 37
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Awards Showcase
100K Gamerscore Arcade WP7 Achievement Guide Winner Guide Award Bot Killer Master of Order Membership Level 1 Reached Donated 

DefaultLively debate

LOL, when I posted the message I did not foresee such a lively debate occurring, what is obvious is the Apple subject is a very polarizing subject, you either "LIKE" or "HATE" the Apple brand

At the end of the day the Apple brand is successful due to having a product that people perceive they want / need, the fact that they profiteer from this endeavor is entirely natural, though some of you would call into question to the extent that they do profit from this enterprise
Items
Slydog73 is offline  Reply With Quote